7.1 Routing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Cedric Akins

7.1 Routing

PostThu Oct 18, 2018 9:07 pm

I use the PreSonus Firepod firewire recording interface. When I open Resolve 15 I open the preferences in order to change the audio I/O. I set the speaker configuration to manual and choose the monitor set. Resolve will allow me to choose the device, the FirePod #00C5112231 Line Out 7&8 (PreSonus FirePod WDM). It only allows me to select the firepod in a stereo mode, 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8 and S/PDIF Out L/R.

How do I set this up for surround sound so that I can route the speakers to each individual channel? Is there anyway to get resolve to recognize the unit as 8-10 channels? I am able to do this in Pro Tools and in Reaper.

bdumaguina

Re: 7.1 Routing

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Have you had any progress? I'm using a Presonus 1818VSL and am experiencing a similar issue. Resolve 15 only sees stereo pair outputs.
-
Windows 10
Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.40GHz - 32.0GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
500GB SSD - OS
3TB HDD - Storage

https://soundlister.com/portfolio/bryan-dumaguina/
https://soundcloud.com/bryan-dumaguina

Cedric Akins

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 2:10 am

No progress on my end. I have no clue as to why Resolve cannot do this. I am able to use the 8 individual outs in Reaper and other DAWs but so far Resolve will not recognize the Firepod as a single unit. Anyone from Black Magic care to help us with this? Anyone?

Cedric Akins

PostTue Nov 06, 2018 6:21 am

Hello BM. Any support on the ASIO drivers would be awesome? Without it, Fairlight is just a thought for my workflow. I am currently using Reaper for my post audio. But I really would like to utilize Fairlight and my firewire audio interface inside of DR 15 if at all possible. I know that you all have you hands full with the new BMPCC 4K and the upgrades to your other products, but any help on this would be welcomed.

I know this is probably not the place to suggest this but if there is a beta test for a new camera you all may be working on for NAB I would absolutely be honored with the opportunity to be a part of it.

Cedric Akins

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 am

Hello BMD. I was wondering if you have a fix for this? It has to be an ASIO support driver issue. Will this be something that your team looks at before the next version?

Return to DaVinci Resolve