Sync multiple video clips on the timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dschamis

Sync multiple video clips on the timeline

PostThu Oct 18, 2018 11:25 pm

I'm a recent switcher from Premiere Pro and I have what I hope is a simple question.

I have two video clips that I'd like to put on top of each other in the timeline (one will be cropped and scaled on top of the other). They are both timecoded so all I want to be able to do is to have the two videos sync'd according to timecode once they are dropped on the timeline. This is pretty easy to to in Prem Pro - hopefully its just as easy here and I'm just missing it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

David

dschamis

Re: Sync multiple video clips on the timeline

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 8:55 am

OK - I have figured out how to make a multicam clip that is sync'd by timeline. I also then go into each clip in the timeline and crop and scale one so that it sits over the other. It looks perfect in the timeline of the multicam clip. But then when I drop that multicam clip into the final timeline it only shows one of the angles.

I need to figure out how to get it to show both angles at the same time, since one is sitting on top of the other.

Here is an example from a Prem Pro project - see the clock in the bottom right:

Thanks again for the help.

David

Return to DaVinci Resolve