After copying nodes from one clip to the next do I need to m

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

RipNoel

After copying nodes from one clip to the next do I need to m

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 7:52 pm

Greetings all,

I'm just beginning to work with resolve 15 and I have a basic question regarding the face refinement tool. My question is: do I need to go in and individually analyze each video clip prior to rendering the finished color grade?

I basically have copied and pasted my settings from one clip to the next on a series of video clips that are very similar and I'm wondering if I have to go in and individually analyze each of these prior to rendering or if I can just copy and paste the nodes in place and have the software automatically analyze the face during the render?

Having to go in and individually analyze each face is very time consuming. I don't mind spending the time but it sure would be nice if this can all happen in one pass during the render process. Does anybody know the answer this question? I sure hope so!

Cheers,

Rip
ALL POWER LIES IN THE WORLD OF DREAMS

Marc Wielage

Re: After copying nodes from one clip to the next do I need

PostSat Oct 20, 2018 2:39 am

RipNoel wrote:I'm just beginning to work with resolve 15 and I have a basic question regarding the face refinement tool. My question is: do I need to go in and individually analyze each video clip prior to rendering the finished color grade?

Yes, Face Refinement does need to be manually done one clip at a time. It helps to show the mask and make sure it's in sync with the human face underneath it.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

RipNoel

Re: After copying nodes from one clip to the next do I need

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi Marc,

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question. Although it's not the answer I'd hope to hear I'm glad to know what needs to be done so I can move forward appropriately.

Cheers,

Rip
ALL POWER LIES IN THE WORLD OF DREAMS

Return to DaVinci Resolve