Davinci Resolve 15.1.2 Powerwindow softness Problem

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ammar99

Davinci Resolve 15.1.2 Powerwindow softness Problem

PostFri Oct 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Hi,
I am encountering the following bug with Davinci Resolve Studio 15.1.2 :
- When applying OFX effect in a node that has a powerwindow the softness of the powerwindow is not working, the edge of the powerwindow is still sharp eventhough I made the necessary softness adjustments to the powerwindow.

Native OFX plug-ins from Resolve: They are working, no issues with the softness of the powerwindow.
3rd party OFX plug-ins: problem is present with the softness of the powerwindow in the same node of the applied OFX plugin.

I tested Boris OFX plugins, Digital Film Tools OFX plug-ins (previously called Tiffen DFX4) and they both have the problem with the softness of the powerwindow. I am sure other 3rd party OFX plug-ins would probably have the same problem.

I have a workaround for this problem for now, by applying the OFX plug-in to the node (without having a powerwindow in the same node), then adding a layer node with a powerwindow, making the softness adjustments of the powerwindow and finally inverting the powerwindow)..

I hope Blackmagic can do something with this bug.

I also tested the Davinci Resolve Studio 15.1.1 and no issues with it. So the problem is only present in the 15.1.2 version.
Attachments
Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 22.33.53.png
Powerwindow softness not working with 3rd party ofx
Screenshot 2018-10-19 at 22.33.53.png (601.9 KiB) Viewed 247 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve