Dynamic Zoom affecting Power Window

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

rfernandez2007

Dynamic Zoom affecting Power Window

PostSun Oct 21, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to make a diagonal screen split with a power window, and it works fine. I use keyframes to make the split start in the upper left corner and move to the middle a few seconds later.
But when I add a Dynamic Zoom to the clip, the Power Windows is affected by the dynamic zoom and it ruins the split effect because the windows behaves completely different changing in size and position.

Is there a way to control this, or a different way to do it?

Thank you!!
Ricardo

Marc Wielage

Re: Dynamic Zoom affecting Power Window

PostSun Oct 21, 2018 11:25 pm

One possible workaround: remove the Power Window. Create a compound clip of the shot with the dynamic zoom. Now add the Power Window to the moving image, and that should be more controllable (even trackable).

There are some quirks with the Node Order of Operations that determine where image size changes happen in signal processing. My opinion: some of these issues are big enough that they'd have to basically rip apart Resolve and start over, and then old sessions would be completely incompatible with new software. CinemaScope sizing in Clip Attributes is one example.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

rfernandez2007

Re: Dynamic Zoom affecting Power Window

PostWed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Hi Marc,
Thank you very much for you answer.
I'll explore your suggestion.

Regards
Ricardo

Return to DaVinci Resolve