Keyframes in Timeline Editor not visible

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

folkex

Keyframes in Timeline Editor not visible

PostMon Oct 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Hi there!

Questions: I'm using keyframes in Editor to zoom around in still images.

When using a transition, I want to set the keyframe at the very first and last visible image.

That’s surely possible, but
a) it's hard to edit:
In the curves editor the black background gets the width of the video, wider than the clip, extended to first and last position at beginning and end of transition. That's great.
But the single Keyframe-Points in the list above the black area (Zoom, Position) is not widened to the length of the video plus transitions. Because of this it's not possible to see, edit or move that invisible keyframes. Also I cannot jump with [/] to not visible keyframes. But I can move visible keyframes out into the not visible area.

Any solution?

b) hard to see:
At the first or last images of the clip I cannot so the image to set zoom points, because of the transition opacity is 0. Is there any possibility to disable the transition and the video before and after the clip? (disabling the other videos with (d) is working, but then I can see only a black area because transition sets opacity to zero.

So in other words: is the an "unmix" option in Editor?

My workaround is setting the zoom effects in the Color/Grading tool after cutting, there I have access to first and last image and I can see everything. But there I cannot use the mouse to zoom around.

The other workaround for creating a simple slideshow is using the "dynamic zoom", which is a great tool, but the red and green cropping-squares have the same aspect ratio than the source image and not of the video, so it's very hard to set it position correctly, because the real output show a very different area. Is this a bug or a feature?

Kind Regards and thanks for your support?

Folke
Attachments
2018-10-22_20h54_39.png
2018-10-22_20h54_39.png (67.52 KiB) Viewed 1039 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve