Tagging clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

gregorythegreat

Tagging clips

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm

I am a new neophyte video editor. Essentially I have many, many hours of videos which I recently had digitized. Learning to edit them is not a problem. My main objective is to catalogue them in order to easliy located specific items easily. For example:
I have 20 source files of my safaris to Africa each one containing various animals, plants, people, etc.
From what I have researched thus far I can tag the files such that if I ask for "elephants" I can easily locate the source files that have elephants in them. But can I further locate the specific segments or clips within the edited source file so that not only can I find not only the files but the specific locations in those files where elephants are located? Or must I scroll through each one to find them?
I hope that I have made my question clear.
thank you,
Jeff

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Tagging clips

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 5:25 am

Look in the manual for duration markers and subclips -
With markers,
- you can use a marker to denote a specific section of a clip and add names, notes and other metadata
- you can view a list of markers in a clip and select markers to jump to that section on the viewer

Subclips are similar but allow for each clip 'section' to be a distinct entity which is more suitable for some kinds of workflows.

gregorythegreat

Re: Tagging clips

PostSun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Thank you.

Return to DaVinci Resolve