DaVinci Resolve Crashing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

epeorusjim

DaVinci Resolve Crashing

PostThu Nov 08, 2018 11:58 pm

Resolve 15 (latest edition of Studio) keeps crashing periodically after 10 or 15 minutes of use. I doesn't seem to like the Fusion module very much and crashes more frequently when that module is used. I get a pop-up that says that the graphics driver has stopped working (error code 4). At that point, Resolve is frozen. All other programs continue to work ok. In order to open Resolve again, a reboot is necessary.

Windows 10 Pro (1809)
Intel I7 6900
128gbs RAM
Quadro P4000 (8gbs) (latest driver)

Any help would be appreciated.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: DaVinci Resolve Crashing

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 4:31 am

To help, we need logs and a Windows System Information .NFO file.

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

epeorusjim

PostFri Nov 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks, two things, having a problem with the capture logs. When I open or run as an administrator, the file opens and then Window's automatically saves it as a zip file to the desktop per a pop-up window. The file then closes automatically. Unfortunately, it doesn't save the file on the desktop or anywhere else that I've been able to find. Second, is there another avenue to share the information other than social media?

Thanks in advance

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 12:13 am

The zip file should be saved on your desktop. You've looked in the Desktop folder, and nothing there? Is it possible you have some sort of anti-virus/security app that is deleting the file as it's created?

You can share the info via PM.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

epeorusjim

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 5:06 pm

I've run the capture logs again by opening, as an administrator, etc. It's not saving the zip file. Hmmmmmm…….

Return to DaVinci Resolve