Nodes not applying till selected, selecting with one click

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jon Hustead

Nodes not applying till selected, selecting with one click

PostMon Nov 12, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm not sure if this is one issue or two. I'm working on a project that, all of a sudden, I can single click nodes instead of double click. In and of itself, that's mostly just weird and not a huge issue, but along with that, I now have to click on every node to have them show up on a clip. So if I apply a grade to a clip, it doesn't show anything different until I click on all the nodes. Each time I select a node it makes that one work (even though none show disabled.) I also don't get preview when I hover scrub in the gallery window.

It's really weird. I assume I fat fingered some kind of shortcut that does this for a reason, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it would be.
http://jonhustead.com

Marc Wielage

Re: Nodes not applying till selected, selecting with one cli

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 2:04 am

Starting with Resolve 15, you select a node with just one click. This is in the "New Features" documentation that went out a few months ago, and is covered in the current manual as well.

I haven't seen the specific problem you're working, but the interface has changed in that the "look" is different now with a node that's bypassed (dim) vs. a node that's active (bright). I would check that and see if that's the issue.

I would also check and see if the Bypass Nodes or Bypass All mode is selected. All of this is covered in the manual and in a lot of basic tutorials out there.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Jon Hustead

Re: Nodes not applying till selected, selecting with one cli

PostTue Nov 27, 2018 2:05 am

Thanks Marc, I missed this feature change. For my main problem, I discovered that there was some issue with the source media that was causing Resolve to act strangely in other ways too. I still don't know what the issue was, but after bringing the project into Premiere and re-rendering all the clips as DNxHD everything worked as-expected again (other than the new feature.) Premiere didn't like the original clips either so there must has been some kind of corruption at play.
http://jonhustead.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve