Clip colors in Media-tab?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MarcusWolschon

Clip colors in Media-tab?

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Is there any way to show the assigned clip-colors in the "Media" tab?
They sould like a working way to examine your footage and mark good and bad clips
but after assigning the color it doesn't show anywhere on this tab.
Same with flags.
(I'm using the detail view. Not thumbnails because duration and resolution are important to see at this stage.)

MarcusWolschon

Re: Clip colors in Media-tab?

PostTue Nov 13, 2018 6:11 pm

Why does selecting a flag that is already selected not remove it?
I can only "clear all" but not remove a single flag.

Andy Mees

Re: Clip colors in Media-tab?

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 12:32 am

MarcusWolschon wrote:Is there any way to show the assigned clip-colors in the "Media" tab?
They sould like a working way to examine your footage and mark good and bad clips
but after assigning the color it doesn't show anywhere on this tab.
Same with flags.
(I'm using the detail view. Not thumbnails because duration and resolution are important to see at this stage.)

You just need to add 'Clip Color' to your List View column layout... right click in the coliumn heading area and enable Clip Color in the available options list.

MarcusWolschon wrote:Why does selecting a flag that is already selected not remove it?
I can only "clear all" but not remove a single flag.

Unfortunately thats just the way it is at present. You might want to add a feature request for more flexibility with the Flags function (in the 'Resolve 16 feature request' list : https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=71757

MarcusWolschon

Re: Clip colours in Media-tab?

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 5:41 am

Thanks. I did not think about that.
(I thought it would be presented in that colour).

Return to DaVinci Resolve