15.2 shortcut keys broken

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Michael McCaffrey

15.2 shortcut keys broken

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 5:30 pm

The default shortcut key SHIFT+I or SHIFT+O no longer works to Go To the in or out points.
Configuration:
Resolve Studio (Always the Latest)
Windows 11 Pro Workstation
32 Core AMD Ryzen Threadripper 256GB RAM
RTX 4090
RTX 3090
100G NAS
(1) 32" Ultra-Wide Display, (1) 4K 27” Display

Tom Early

Re: 15.2 shortcut keys broken

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 5:56 pm

that's weird, and reassigning them doesn't work either
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Tristan Pemberton

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 pm

I've also discovered "command + B" doesn't cut the clips anymore. It simply does nothing.

Plus, I've created a custom "command + D" to duplicate timelines in the media pool, but it doesn't work properly either.

If I manually select it from...

Edit>Duplicate Clip
or
Edit>Duplicate Timeline

...it works, but the short cut I created doesn't. I can even see the short cut appearing in the Edit menu.
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:03 am

I'm seeing the Shift+I/O commands work in the Viewers, but not in the timeline. Even from the menu, the commands don't work in the timeline.

Windows 10 Pro (1803)
Studio 15.2
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Yasir Salah

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:45 am

I’m on a Mac and the short cut, shift 2, 4, etc... for moving from Media Page to Edit Page and so on.
Shortcut are not responding after uodsfeing to 15.2.
I have to go to menu and select Edit Page.

Does anyone have this issue as well?
navigating The Pages...with short cut?

Thanks

Yasir

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 am

Working here on Windows 10 Pro (1803).
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Mike1938

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 4:09 am

I no longer use Adobe Premiere Pro. When there were updates for Premiere, I did not update immediately. I checked the Premiere Forum to see when any problems were fixed. I installed the latest version(Free) of Resolve. I should have waited until the new bugs were corrected. I am now using the previous version.

Michael Parfit

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 4:12 am

I've just started working with 15.2. So far, Command C and Command V didn't work for a while on my machine, then it kind of came back. Command C does copy, but I don't see "Edit" light up as it used to when I hit the command C key. The shift shortcuts are working to get between pages. I've tried two keyboards, one bluetooth, one USB. I can type and I've created shortcuts with the new keyboard layout system. But something does seem broken, in the most unpleasant way, meaning inconsistently.

Mac Pro late 2013 6 core, D700s, 32GB.

etang77

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 4:19 am

I also had small problems with zoom in and out with the shortcut, i.e. it doesn’t zoom in or out.. As someone else mentioned, the problem comes and goes. Restaring definitely helps.

Marc Wielage

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 4:25 am

Michael Parfit wrote:I've just started working with 15.2. So far, Command C and Command V didn't work for a while on my machine, then it kind of came back. Command C does copy, but I don't see "Edit" light up as it used to when I hit the command C key.

I just noticed that problem this afternoon myself. This is under Mac OSX 10.13.5, on a 12-core Trashcan Mac, wired keyboard.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Rami Abou Fakher

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 5:24 am

is this no longer available also ?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 9.07.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 9.07.27 AM.png (199.62 KiB) Viewed 5016 times

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:06 am

The Keyboard Customization dialog (from the Resolve menu) supplants the older way of setting shortcuts, and allows you to assign keys to not just app menus, but also context menu and [...] options for each module.

Vit Reiter

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 9:51 am

New keyboards shortcuts are totally corrupted. Many shortcuts I have to remap to the same shortcut and save. Then they function. But Go to In and Go to Out in the timeline is not function. It miss me very much.
DaVinci Resolve 18.6.6 Studio (macOS Monterey 12.7.4)
Mac Pro 2013, AMD FirePro D700, 64GB RAM

Film Editor, Colorist, DIT, Datalab technician
linkedin.com/in/vít-reiter-film-editor

Tom Early

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 11:31 am

Marc Wielage wrote:
Michael Parfit wrote:I've just started working with 15.2. So far, Command C and Command V didn't work for a while on my machine, then it kind of came back. Command C does copy, but I don't see "Edit" light up as it used to when I hit the command C key.

I just noticed that problem this afternoon myself. This is under Mac OSX 10.13.5, on a 12-core Trashcan Mac, wired keyboard.

Does it occur in any particular situation? For example if you are trying to copy a node on the Color page, the Node graph must be the active panel, so even if you have a node highlighted, if you then click elsewhere before copying, the node will not be copied.

Tom Early

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 11:57 am

Tristan Pemberton wrote:I've also discovered "command + B" doesn't cut the clips anymore. It simply does nothing.

There is a conflict in the Final Cut Pro X template between Razor (which should add a cut) and Split Clip, is this what you had been using?

Tristan Pemberton wrote:Plus, I've created a custom "command + D" to duplicate timelines in the media pool, but it doesn't work properly either.

The duplicate command is a bit buggy, try and select another panel and then the clip/timeline you want to duplicate. From there anything you want to duplicate in the current bin should work fine, but then for some reason if you switch bins, or go to another page and return, you will have to select another panel first again before it will work. UNLESS you are in Thumbnail view, in which case things are much more reliable and Duplicate shortcuts seem to work fine. All of this seems to be the case for any page that contains the Media Pool.

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:The Keyboard Customization dialog...allows you to assign keys...for each module.

How, exactly?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Tristan Pemberton

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Tom Early wrote:
Tristan Pemberton wrote:I've also discovered "command + B" doesn't cut the clips anymore. It simply does nothing.

There is a conflict in the Final Cut Pro X template between Razor (which should add a cut) and Split Clip, is this what you had been using?

Yes, thanks for pointing that out. I've removed the Split Clip shortcut and now Razor is working again. Yay!
Tom Early wrote:
Tristan Pemberton wrote:Plus, I've created a custom "command + D" to duplicate timelines in the media pool, but it doesn't work properly either.

The duplicate command is a bit buggy, try and select another panel and then the clip/timeline you want to duplicate. From there anything you want to duplicate in the current bin should work fine, but then for some reason if you switch bins, or go to another page and return, you will have to select another panel first again before it will work. UNLESS you are in Thumbnail view, in which case things are much more reliable and Duplicate shortcuts seem to work fine. All of this seems to be the case for any page that contains the Media Pool.

Unfortunately it's not that consistent for me. Being in Thumbnail view seems to make no difference. If I change page, or select a different section of the same page and back to Media Pool, sometimes this allows "command + D" or Duplicate Timeline to work, sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway, clearly it's a bug that needs hunting down and squashing. Thanks for your help.
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

Marc Wielage

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 1:34 am

Tom Early wrote:Does it occur in any particular situation? For example if you are trying to copy a node on the Color page, the Node graph must be the active panel, so even if you have a node highlighted, if you then click elsewhere before copying, the node will not be copied.

This is on the Edit page. Couldn't copy clips to another timeline. I finally came up with a workaround: CUT the clips to the clipboard, then undo, then go to the new timeline and paste the clips. That worked fine. But Copy and Paste was not working for me, either with shortcuts or menus.

I'm aware of how to copy modes. (And it would be nice to have generic Copy and Paste buttons on the Advanced Panel.)
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Yasir Salah

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 4:25 am

I just discovered after my initial response about short cut keys.
They are actually working, but not an extended keyboard’s numeric keypad to the right.
So if I want to go to Media Page the shortcut is option 2, it works but the number 2 has to be selected on the top part of the keyboard on the right side.

I’m on an iMac 2015 built.
16 gigs Ram
3.3 GHz Intel core i7
Intel iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536
High Sierra.

Therefore it has to do with the extended Keyboard, using its right numeric keys.
There is no lock or unlock on a Mac.

Rami Abou Fakher

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 8:47 am

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:The Keyboard Customization dialog (from the Resolve menu) supplants the older way of setting shortcuts, and allows you to assign keys to not just app menus, but also context menu and [...] options for each module.

Hi Shrinivas
could you please explain how i have to assign with resolve 15.2?
I had before shortcut for edit page and one for color page so when i switch between pages it's work normal but since i update to 15.2 the shortcut for edit page no longer available.

thanks

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 10:30 am

From the DaVinci Resolve menu, select Keyboard customization.

From here you can search by hotkeys, or by commands or just check which keys are assigned for each panel context.

The Application list shows the actions and hotkey assignments for the top menus.
Application menus.png
Application menus.png (82.9 KiB) Viewed 4815 times

The Panels list shows the context-specific actions that are hotkeyable for each panel.
panel contexts.png
panel contexts.png (118.3 KiB) Viewed 4815 times

Jim Simon

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Shrinivas Ramani wrote:The Panels list shows the context-specific actions that are hotkeyable for each panel.

I think this could be...improved.

For starters, the wording makes it seem as though this applies only to those using hardware panels, like the Micro, Mini, etc.

Secondly, it doesn't seem entirely accurate. For instance, I and O appear under "Edit/Media Viewer", but not under "Edit Timeline", despite those shortcuts working just fine in the timeline.

I think for organizational purpose, six broad options matching the six Pages of the software would be a better approach. Media, Edit, Fusion, Color, Fairlight and Deliver.
Last edited by Jim Simon on Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Tristan Pemberton

PostFri Nov 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Yasir Salah wrote:I just discovered after my initial response about short cut keys.
They are actually working, but not an extended keyboard’s numeric keypad to the right.
So if I want to go to Media Page the shortcut is option 2, it works but the number 2 has to be selected on the top part of the keyboard on the right side.

Not for me. I don't use the extended number keypad when using shortcuts during an edit. I only use it for typing in numbers (timecode, text box etc).
Director
Australia
www.flywirefilms.com

Andreas Urra

PostSun Apr 07, 2019 8:46 pm

Have there been any updates on this? I am experiencing weird shortcut behavior under Windows 10. For example timeline zooming won't work correctly. CTRL + - works for zooming out, but CTRL + = does not zoom in. When I assign it manually to e.g. CTRL + Shift + = it works.
Now it gets really funny: After configuring around I currently have the shortcut editor show [Shift+=, CTRL+=] for zooming in, but CTRL + = now suddenly works, too, even though it is actually not configured anymore. How does that make sense? (I won't complain though ; )
Win10, 128GB RAM
NVidia RTX 2080Ti
Resolve 16.2.4

RobStowell

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 2:09 am

We are having odd behaviour of the timeline zoom in, in windows 10. Sometimes control plus = works; sometimes it doesn't, and you have to use control plus shift plus = (which sort of means "+" we figure.) Quite why it starts doing this, we don't know (it doesn't seem to be caps lock or num lock related). And re-start put it back to control plus = working again. Control plus - always works, though. My muscle memory gets confused by this ... All three machines on 15.3

Seth Goldin

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 4:01 pm

Sorry to revive a stale thread, but this is still driving me crazy in Linux on 15.3.1 Studio.

Every few minutes, I'm losing the ability to press `Ctrl + =` on the Edit page to zoom in. However, `Shift + z` and Ctrl + -` work fine. Closing and reopening Resolve brings the functionality back. It's getting ridiculous! Unless the 16 golden master is about to drop and this is all fixed, I'd appreciate another minor release to patch 15.3.1.
https://www.sethgoldin.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve