Importing Entire Projects From Premiere?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ZakLAdams

Importing Entire Projects From Premiere?

PostWed Nov 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Hey everyone,

The company I work for edits primarily in Premiere. We are looking at moving to Resolve in the future and I am one of the editors that is "testing" the software. We have a team of edit assists that organize and sync projects for the editors. Currently they are using premiere to do this. The editor just opens up the premiere file and gets to work.

My question is, is there a good way to take that whole project, with bins, assets and multiple sequences, and open it up in Resolve? I can import timelines, one at a time, with various levels of success, but it would be nice to have the bin structure, maybe labels, things like that. Possible?

Jim Simon

Re: Importing Entire Projects From Premiere?

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:10 am

In my experience, it never works as well as I want it to. I found it better to just do all the work in Resolve.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Nate Porter

Re: Importing Entire Projects From Premiere?

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 1:51 am

Do it all in resolve. If your finder/explorer folder structure is similar to your bin structure that carries over when bring stuff in from the media browser.

Return to DaVinci Resolve