Please help to find database location on Windows 8.1 drive

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
taeyle

Please help to find database location on Windows 8.1 drive

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 7:19 pm

I have been working on a project for weeks and never actually imported since it autosaved on my computer. For some reason, I thought Resolve saved these files like traditional programs and I never thought to look for them since it was always there when I open up the software.

Sadly, the computer with the software and project died. The computer no longer turns on, so I took out the HDD and have access to the files using an USB enclosure. I am still looking through all the files and have no idea where I can find the saved project. From what I am reading, Resolve saves it in some sort of DB? I've read that mac users can probably find this file in their library folders or something. Does anyone know how I would be able to find and transfer the important files onto my new computer?

Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: File Location on Windows 8.1

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 8:17 pm

I’ve ammeded your post title to make it clearer for someone to see and assist.

Also hope your new pc has Win10, not 8.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

George Deierling

Re: Please help to find database location on Windows 8.1 dri

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 pm

You could search your drive for files that exist inside the Resolve database and then go to containing folder. For example you could search for
DeliverPresetList.xml
HiddenView.xml
User.db

Once you find the folder copy to a new drive, in resolve New Database, select folder, Add
Hope you get lucky..

- and be sure to turn on Show hidden files and folders in the explorer view options

Igor Riđanović

Re: Please help to find database location on Windows 8.1 dri

PostThu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 pm

It's in
Code: Select all
C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database\Resolve Projects\User\<yourUserName>\
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Return to DaVinci Resolve