Popup preview window

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

tysonfoulger

Popup preview window

PostMon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 pm

I have a dual monitor setup and I would like to have a preview of the video being edited on my second screen. Is there a way to open the video in a "popup window" that I can put on the second screen? I know I can press Control (Ctrl) + F, but that brings it up full screen on the same monitor and I can't drag it over to another. Does anyone else have multiple monitors?

Thank you!

johndaughtridge

Re: Popup preview window

PostWed Dec 05, 2018 6:30 pm

No to my knowledge you will need to get a bmd decklink mini monitor 4k or the like for output to a separate monitor.

I've used one for about a year and it's ok (output over HDMI) up to 4k30 won't do 60...
John’s Films LLC
Austin, Texas USA

Benchmarking Davinci Resolve and more at John’s Film’s on YouTube
At Https://youtube.com/c/john’sfilms

Hector Corcin

PostSun Jan 20, 2019 6:41 pm

It could be done, like in the audio fairlight page. It would be nice to have it in the Edit and Color pages too. The whole User interface is rigid. You cannot move panels from one place to another. I know we can turn on and off different panels but their position is always fixed to a predetermined layout. Hopefully this will change and become a flexible layout as we can see in almost any professional software nowadays.

Uli Plank

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 am

Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve