Dynamic Zoom

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ross Wood

Dynamic Zoom

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 6:43 am

We're at 15.2 and Dynamic Zoom problem still hasn't been addressed. It would be great to use this effect but unless my images cut from one to the next I can't use it. Half way through the transition the shot begins the zoom and ends half way through the transition to the incoming shot. A shot doesn't finish at the cut point if there's a transition... The shot continues until the transition is complete.

Tom Early

Re: Dynamic Zoom

PostTue Nov 20, 2018 12:59 pm

Hopefully this will be fixed, but in the meantime you can either put any relevant clips inside individual compound clips, or else put each clip on a different video layer and then add transitions.
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Ross Wood

Re: Dynamic Zoom

PostWed Nov 21, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Tom, Thanks for that. Not sure I understand the first option (maybe if I read it a couple more times) but the second option is a good workaround. Appreciate your input.

I've made a point of this problem since dynamic zoom was a thing but nobody from BMD seems to take any notice. Surely it's not a tricky thing to fix.

Thanks again.

Ross

Return to DaVinci Resolve