DaVinci Resolve Lite - Free Config

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
Jeanpat

DaVinci Resolve Lite - Free Config

PostMon May 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi Every one, do I need also a Super machine to run the free version of Davinci?
Sorry if this topic has been covered a lot, I made a search and didn't find any post about the free version and its required config.

And beside the over priced macbook pros, what is a solution to run Davinci, is there any laptop out there that can handle it?

Thanks J. Pat

Christine Peterson

Re: DaVinci Resolve Lite - Free Config

PostMon May 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Links to all the config guides can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=931
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Adam Simmons

Re: DaVinci Resolve Lite - Free Config

PostMon May 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Any decent PC laptop should be able to run it as well if not better. Bear in mind that for less than the price of the Mac you can usually get a much better spec'd windows laptop, just doesn't look as pretty, but usually has a more powerful graphics card and more internal harddrive space as well. I've seen Win laptops with dual nVidia GPU's as well although not had a chance to see how Resolve works with those.
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to DaVinci Resolve