Resolve15 ref manual

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

James Morton-Robertson

Resolve15 ref manual

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 11:54 am

The reference manual is superb, I now have a proper intro to Fusion. However, working thru the manual there are examples with video clips and stills. It would help me no end to have access to the images as I work my way thru as I sometimes need to explore the particular topic on my screen. Help?
James Morton-Robertson

Brad Hurley

Re: Resolve15 ref manual

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 12:37 pm

FYI, for about $5 you can get the Kindle version of the Definitive Guide to Davinci Resolve 15 (which you can read on the Kindle app on a computer or tablet, or on the web version of the Kindle Reader), which has downloadable media files (video and audio) so you can follow along. The "Definitive Guide" is more of a tutorial than a manual, and walks you through the workflows of organizing media, editing, color-correcting and color-grading, audio post-production, and delivery. It's a very good introduction and you can use the manual to supplement with more detail.
Resolve 18 Studio, Mac Pro 3.0 GHz 8-core, 32 gigs RAM, dual AMD D700 GPU.
Audio I/O: Sound Devices USBPre-2

Jim Simon

PostTue Dec 11, 2018 4:07 pm

I don't argue against having the same media used in the manual, but will your own footage not suffice?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Marc Wielage

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 1:19 am

I suspect there will soon be a dedicated "Fusion for Resolve" book and training course available.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve