"Usage" field in media tab.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mindgrenade

"Usage" field in media tab.

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 am

Hi there!

I've been using Resolve for a little while, loving it and I'm very glad for an ecosystem like this. I've recently gotten my BMPCC4K, and the files are definitely large.

I want to be able to use the media tab in Resolve to be able to identify which footage I want to use and which I don't so I'm not using so much space with footage I'll never use, and I have seen in previous versions that you could sort by "usage" as one of the options, and it would list them as having been used in the timeline but that doesn't seem to be an option anymore.

Does anyone have any alternative suggestions? Or perhaps a different program I can use to tag and sort media (akin to Bridge or something similar for photos), I just want something that I can scrub through footage easily at full res like I do in resolve and then star/rate/tag my footage.

Thanks!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: "Usage" field in media tab.

PostFri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 am

Update Usage is still there. You need to enable the column to show then right click on the media pool with items selected to see what their usage is.

But for review and staring clips.. just put them all in the media pool and review on that viewer.
Mark good takes and then use clip colors or flags to categorise clips.. or keywords
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

mindgrenade

Re: "Usage" field in media tab.

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 2:27 am

Thank you Peter. I'm still not seeing it on the column as an option? Only things like "date created", "filename", "reel", "scene" etc. I can see a usage tab in the "edit" viewer

I also can't find an option to mark them as good takes within Resolve - that would actually be perfect if I could do that as I can sort by that within the media tab. I've had a look in the manual for all of the above but have had no luck.

I'm also open to suggestions on how to tag and sort clips, be it through resolve or something else. I'm just wanting to organise my workflow and clips but I'm not seeing the option/capability in resolve.

Return to DaVinci Resolve