has issues with png images and image overlay

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

usagiichann

has issues with png images and image overlay

PostFri Jan 18, 2019 5:29 pm

I have Resolve 15.2.2

When I try to add PNG images to the medial pool it, it adds but it glitches a lot. I can add to the timeline ok but as soon as I play said video, the images disappear on the video.

I find out that it works a lot better if the image is jpeg which annoyed me a bit but I was willing to work with it, but as soon as I transform the pictures in any way, the images disappear on the video when I hit play.

:cry:

update: it does the same thing to text as well

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: has issues with png images and image overlay

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 2:52 am

Hi Raven

Off a simple test on an iMac, I can't see this issue - the pngs and jpegs I have on hand both work ok. We need a lot more info - including specific OS info, hardware, drivers, log archives - if we're to attempt to analyse this report.

Does the issue happen for all pngs? Does it work for all jpegs? By text, do you mean overlaid titles?
If there are specific files, could you add a sample? and show a screenshot of the glitches?

Thanks
Shrinivas

Marc Wielage

Re: has issues with png images and image overlay

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 3:43 am

usagiichann wrote:I have Resolve 15.2.2 When I try to add PNG images to the medial pool it, it adds but it glitches a lot. I can add to the timeline ok but as soon as I play said video, the images disappear on the video.

Is this Resolve Studio or free Resolve? What OS? What resolution? What hardware (CPU, GPU, RAM, I/O)? Are you running the current GPU drivers?

PNG sequences require a lot of horsepower, but if it's just a still-frame, it shouldn't be any problem. Uncompressed sequences are a challenge for anything except fairly hefty systems with lots of power and throughput.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve