[FEATURE REQUEST] Saving global settings / slow playback

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

JeffreyWalther

[FEATURE REQUEST] Saving global settings / slow playback

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 9:16 am

Dear BMD team,

I have two features I do really miss in Resolve for my daily work:
    Slow playback:
    I often wish I could control my edit by playing back the entire timeline in slomo (while audio is also pitched down and played back slow) to check my cuts.

Global settings being used over multiple databases
    I often wish I could save my default nodes of the Color panal to a global galery, so that I can reuse my default work anytime on any project in any database. Like it is similar possible with the LUTs.

BUG REPORT (any version)
    If you have a timeline with a stereo (2CH) track and some other empty tracks (video+audio), and you delete "all empty tracks", the audio output is set to mono until reload of the project.

If you render QuickTime, DNxHR 444 with a 2CH audio track and try to preview it later in the Media tab, the audio is played back in mono.
DaVinci Resolve Studio V18
Fusion V18
Windows 10 Pro, 64 GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X (12x 3.8 GHz), MSI X570 Unify
GeForce RTX 4070 Super 12 GB

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Saving global settings / slow playback

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 2:24 am

Thanks for the feedback.

BUG REPORT (any version)
If you have a timeline with a stereo (2CH) track and some other empty tracks (video+audio), and you delete "all empty tracks", the audio output is set to mono until reload of the project.

Could you provide more information on this bug - a link to an exported project (without media) that shows the issue, and a log archive would help.

Please also provide a fuller description of your hardware , OS and drivers.

Thanks
Shrinivas

Return to DaVinci Resolve