Media Offline after XML Import

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

shotbylewis

Media Offline after XML Import

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi,

I'm rather a beginner at Resolve so forgive me if I'm being dumb. I've recently done the final edit of a short film in Adobe Premiere. Now I am on the stage of grading it. I exported the project as an XML and then went into DaVinci Resolve Lite to import it to the timeline. The import successfully worked although it did ask for the whereabouts of 3 clips which are unnecessary for the import anyway. However, after the import, I am given a MEDIA OFFLINE error in the player (See picture). However, you can successfully watch all the footage in the media pool. Also, you can see the thumbnails in the timeline and hear the sound when playing in the timeline. I've scanned over a number of forums and can't seem to find anyone else struggling with this problem, I believe it may be a bug.

What am I doing wrong?

Video footage was shot on a Sony A6300 at post 23.976fps and 25fps in MP4. All footage is on my external hard drive. DaVinci Resolve 15. Adobe Premiere 2018.
Attachments
Davinci problem-min.jpg
Davinci problem-min.jpg (407.04 KiB) Viewed 3470 times

shotbylewis

Re: Media Offline after XML Import

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 10:40 pm

bump.

Uli Plank

PostThu Jan 24, 2019 2:48 am

I'm afraid that camera doesn't deliver proper TC, mp4 is notorious for that. Please check if each clip has individual TC or if all start at 0. Plus, compare the TC in Premiere and Resolve and check if the clips have information in the reel/tape field (it's the same, even if the naming is different).
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

tjsmith

PostMon Jun 03, 2019 5:03 am

I am having the exact same issue with UMP footage. A couple of clips are offline which makes the whole timeline offline. Been importing XML's this way for years and now it doesn't work.

CassiaStarr

PostFri Jan 29, 2021 2:01 am

Hi!

I just had the same issue (2021!) - My solution was to remove the unrecognised files (black video mostly) in the XML, export and import into Resolve as a Timeline and the Media Offline issue has gone.

Return to DaVinci Resolve