Camera Raw settings not being applied from Gallery Stills?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mel Matsuoka

Camera Raw settings not being applied from Gallery Stills?

PostMon Feb 04, 2019 9:37 pm

This problem has been plaguing me since Resolve 9, and it still seems to be an issue in R15. Why is it that when I save Gallery Stills of a timeline containing RED clips whose Camera Raw settings have been modified, and I try to apply those same stills to a different timeline (e.g. for a :30 cutdown of an already graded :60 timeline), sometimes the Camera Raw settings for the saved Gallery Still are not applied to the pasted clip?

I've made sure that "Preserve Camera Raw Settings" is disabled in the Gallery contextual menu before applying the saved grade to the new clip.

This is super aggravating because right now I'm making screengrabs of the Camera Raw panel and using it as a reference to manually change the Camera Raw settings for the newly pasted grade, like a bloody Neanderthal.

What's odd is that sometimes this works as expected, and sometimes (sadly, more often than not) it doesn't.
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

Mel Matsuoka

Re: Camera Raw settings not being applied from Gallery Still

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 7:57 pm

bumping this...am I the only one who is experiencing this problem?
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

Jason Conrad

Re: Camera Raw settings not being applied from Gallery Still

PostWed Mar 20, 2019 9:11 pm

I feel like that's related to something I came across before: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=63972&hilit=+version
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Return to DaVinci Resolve