Resolve 15.2.3 FX, keyframes missing

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

aglyons

Resolve 15.2.3 FX, keyframes missing

PostWed Feb 06, 2019 3:40 am

Resolve Studio 15.2.3, Win10

I have a clip I've applied a glow filter to. I'm keyframing Shine Threshold and spread. It works but if I want to move keyframes I can't see them in the keyframe window. There's no 'Glow' FX or anything showing any keyframes at all.

resolve fx keyframes.jpg
FX added to node, keyframes panel shows no editable keyframes.
resolve fx keyframes.jpg (161.34 KiB) Viewed 1117 times

Peter Cave

Re: Resolve 15.2.3 FX, keyframes missing

PostWed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 am

The only way to do this is to add new keyframes and delete the old ones. OpenFX don't have proper KF editing yet. I would expect to see it in an upcoming release.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

aglyons

PostThu Feb 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Hey @Peter,

Thanks for answering!

OMG!! So you're saying that the built-in Resolve FX don't show keyframes to tweak their placement or curve!?!?!?

That, I find, kind of a head-scratcher.

Addendum: I should add the keyframe jump arrows are also temperamental. You can jump to the first keyframe but clicking to forward to the next keyframe doesn't do anything, unless you jump one frame forward then click the forward keyframe arrow. Same thing going backwards. If you're sitting on a keyframe it appears as though the keyframe jump buttons won't leave the keyframe it's currently on.

David Patterson

PostTue Feb 19, 2019 11:29 pm

I also find the lack of keyframe editing to be an area Resolve needs to develop if it wants to be a workable NLE. There are so many great new features, but I can't understand why such a basic tool as keyframes aren't fully implemented.

aglyons

PostMon Mar 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Bumping this up. Has there been any movement on this?

Marc Wielage

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 2:35 am

The keyframes have to be done in the OFX inspector panel itself, not in the Color Keyframe window. I agree that it would be a lot more convenient if they could find a way to let us do OFX keyframes in the latter display. However, the number of potential parameters in all OFX plug-ins is pretty astronomical, so it would be difficult (but not impossible) to do.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Joshua Morin

PostTue Mar 12, 2019 11:22 am

But they used to appear in the colour window, didn't they? I seem to remember them being there before v15. I don't remember being able to add curves to them, but at least there was a visual representation of the curves which is better than the way it is now. I would love to at least see that back.
Resolve 18.6.6 Build 7
Apple M1 Max, 32.0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070M, 8Gb
MacOs Monterey

Return to DaVinci Resolve