Installation failure on Windows 10

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

markwill890

Installation failure on Windows 10

PostSun Feb 10, 2019 1:18 am

I have been trying to install DaVinci Resolve on my Windows 10 PC. I receive and error each time...

"The features you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable"

The file referenced is a temporary file:

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\{DF41B431-A5CD-4B81-AA3E-4AACA058AD63}\

As you can see, no network is at play here and I am installing from my C: drive.

I've tried rebooting, moving the installer before kicking off the installer and a bunch of other things but I can't get past this point.

I have no other apparent issues on this PC and have plenty of disk space, memory, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

markwill890

Re: Installation failure on Windows 10

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 10:52 pm

With thanks to Tony for his very prompt help, bumping this since it was posted on Saturday but approved today (and immediately was a few page down, since the post date, not the approval date, is used on publication).

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Installation failure on Windows 10

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 5:58 am

Run Windows System Information, select File - Save, and post the .NFO file it generates on a file sharing site and provide a link to the file.

If you can't post a link because you haven't posted enough yet, obfuscate the link with a space or 2 so it doesn't look like a link to the system.

Also, temporarily disable the firewall (remove the system from the network first) and see if that has any effect on the installer working.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve