No sound some clips SOLVED!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

jamesd1

No sound some clips SOLVED!

PostMon Feb 11, 2019 8:42 pm

I tried the the last version of 14 and two most recent versions of Resolve 15 and both had a strange behavior that resulted in no sound on some MP4 etc. clips and sound on others. The meter showed active waveform, but nothing could be heard. Most clips played fine, but about six out of two dozen MP4 had no sound when played in the timeline. However, if I double click in the editor timeline to open one of these silent clips with the waveform display at top then it plays sound. But when in the timeline there is no sound.

I tried converting the clips to a different .avi, mpg, and wmv and they still did not work!

Now, I also tried these clips in Lightworks 14 and, strangely, the same clips were silent in the timeline but played with sound in the previewer! Then I tried the same clips in Video Studio Pro and the clips played fine there and they play OK in Windows 7 VLC player and another similar one.

SOLUTION:

I was able to fix the problem by selecting the silent clips and right clicking on them and choosing "clip attributes". Then i went to the audio tab and changed stereo to mono and made both source channels active. After that, all played with sound in the timeline.

Return to DaVinci Resolve