Build a grading panel Resolve using scripting API?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

hylkepylke

Build a grading panel Resolve using scripting API?

PostSun Feb 17, 2019 8:29 am

I'm thinking of DIYing a grading panel, and I was wondering if it would be possible to using the scripting API of Resolve for this purpose. Right now, if I understand correctly, you can only use scripting to get the name of certain elements or to, for instance, switch pages (media, color, fusion, deliver, etc.). Most DIY panels use a trackball to guide the mouse to the different color wheels, but as far as I know there's no way to directly interact with the color wheels. Does anyone have an idea if the scripting will support this? And if not now, maybe in the future?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Build a grading panel Resolve using scripting API?

PostSun Feb 17, 2019 9:56 am

Hi, scripting doesn’t, and won’t. We do support a number of third party panels and have a BMD range from $1-30k.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Greg_E

Re: Build a grading panel Resolve using scripting API?

PostSun Feb 17, 2019 3:30 pm

It won't be cheaper for anything that works well, and I'd bet that it would be far more expensive in the end. Not seeing any deals on used Micro panels, average around $800 which would cause me to buy a new one with warranty

I do wish the old 2K panels still worked, they are pretty cheap but only work in the Linux version.

Return to DaVinci Resolve