Locating project files for davinci resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Benjamin Boyce

Locating project files for davinci resolve

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 6:28 am

Hello,

I have an issue locating some project files from drives on an old machine. I had a desktop I was editing on get recycled, and have the drives from it ... now I'm realizing resolve has a mysterious way of saving the project files.

I have a new laptop here, and all of the internal drives from the old machine available, and I guess resolve has them somewhere on what was once my c drive ... does anyone have any idea where to look?

One weird hack of an idea I have is to just boot up from what was once the c drive on old machine, fire up davinci, then I will see my old project on the splash screen ... but I'd rather just see if I can find it directly from the drive first .... or am I overthinking this?
Resolve free 15.2.2.007
Windows 10 ver 1803
ASUS Prime X399A
Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12-core
48 GB DDR 4
Geforce RTX 2080
(3) Sandisk SSD PLUS drives

SimplSam

Re: Locating project files for davinci resolve

PostWed Feb 20, 2019 12:10 pm

I think by default (on Windows) the disk based project files live under: C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database\Resolve Projects\Users\

in a <user>\Projects subfolder

Note: My <user> is: guest
Resolve Studio 18.6 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB

Sam

Return to DaVinci Resolve