BUG with Solo function in Edit Page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MadPanic

BUG with Solo function in Edit Page

PostSat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 am

I think I've found a bug between the edit page and Fairlight with regards to soloing audio tracks.

I have 10 tracks, the lower one being music. I tried to solo tracks 2 & 3 (dialog) and the music was still playing in the edit page even though the music track did not have its solo activated.

I switched to Fairlight to see if the issue was there and noticed that in the index I have only showed tracks 1 & 10. I clicked to enable all tracks and the soloing works as expected in the edit page (and fairlight).

The anomaly therefore is that the visibility of tracks in Fairlight affects some operations in the edit page but all tracks are shown in the edit page and it's not always obvious without checking the index visibility in fairlight.

(Resolve Version 15.2.3.015 - I didn't want to step up to 15.2.4 just yet on the basis of what I've read)
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 build7, MacStudio M2 Ultra 128Gb, OSX Sonoma,10TB SSD (2TB, & 2x 4TB). URSA Broadcast 6.7, BMPCC 6K, Cubase 13

Reynaud Venter

Re: BUG with Solo function in Edit Page

PostSun Feb 24, 2019 8:09 am

Unable to reproduce this behaviour on my systems.

Fairlight Track hiding has no bearing on the Solo functionality on the Edit page.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

MadPanic

PostMon Feb 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Reynaud Venter wrote:Unable to reproduce this behaviour on my systems.

Fairlight Track hiding has no bearing on the Solo functionality on the Edit page.

This is the process that I have found will repeatably exhibit the problem across many projects.

For reference, below is the track / bus setup

Buses
Main
Sub1 (Dialogue) => Main
Sub2 (SFX) => Main
Sub3 (Music) => Main

Audio1 => Sub1
Audio2 => Sub1
Audio3 => Sub1
Audio4 => Sub 1
Audio5 => Sub2
Audio6 => Sub2
Audio7 => Sub2
Audio8 => Sub3

I have dialogue on Tracks 1,2,3 and Music on Audio 8

Go To fairlight page, click on index hide visibility for all but Audio 8, then click visibility for Audio 2 so you have just two tracks in the mixer, Audio 2 and Audio8.

Now switch to the edit page. On the edit page, click the solo button for Audio 1. This has no effect, I can still hear Audio 1, Audio 2 and Audio 8.
DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.5 build7, MacStudio M2 Ultra 128Gb, OSX Sonoma,10TB SSD (2TB, & 2x 4TB). URSA Broadcast 6.7, BMPCC 6K, Cubase 13

Reynaud Venter

PostMon Feb 25, 2019 4:22 pm

One workaround is to Option + click the Mute button for the Audio Track you want to Solo on the
Edit page.

Return to DaVinci Resolve