animated power windows for 3min video clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Danas_Anis

animated power windows for 3min video clips

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 9:47 am

Hello!

I am wondering if Power windows in Resolve are capable of handling animation for 3 minutes video clips?

What I am doing is changing eye color for characters.
I have to hand animate power windows because motion tracker looses what to track due to blinking eyes.
While it all worked perfectly well for short clips, it appears that Resolve has issues handling key frames for 3 min clips and now always crash whenever I want to do anything with the power window.

Could this be memory leak? Windows was never good to handle memory stuff for me and maybe Resolve tries to take more of the hardware power and conflicts with the OS?

Any advice on how to deal with power windows in this case?

My system specs:

DELL XPS L502X; Intel Core i-7-2630QM CPU @ 2.0 GHz; 8GB RAM; NVidia GeForce 540M 2Gb.
Attachments
Kiss-game-in-progress-a-scaled.jpg
Kiss-game-in-progress-a-scaled.jpg (170.82 KiB) Viewed 3287 times
Kind regards,

Danas

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: animated power windows for 3min video clips

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Since the minimum RAM requirement for V9 Resolve on Windows is 12GB, and you only have 8GB, memory may well be an issue.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Danas_Anis

Re: animated power windows for 3min video clips

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Since the minimum RAM requirement for V9 Resolve on Windows is 12GB, and you only have 8GB, memory may well be an issue.

Wow, never payed attention that Resovle needs minimum 12 Gigs of RAM.
Well, BMD, you truly made a spectacular software, while minimum requirements for Resolve to run smooth is 12 GB, it really works well on 8GB RAM. I have grades built with 22, 24 nodes, some of which includes motion tracking and it works considerably well and actually I am impressed to get such great performance on my 8GB ram pc when it is recommended to use 12 Gigs minimum. That really made me impressed. My hardware is not the best suited for Resolve but it still works well!

I guess if there was Lite version for Linux I could get even better performance since Linux tends to give this small extra from hardware. hmm.. well anyway,

Thank you very much for your help!
Kind regards,

Danas

Return to DaVinci Resolve