Load 12.5 project into studio 15

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

houldsworth1

Load 12.5 project into studio 15

PostFri Mar 22, 2019 3:51 am

I am having trouble loading an XML file into the latest version of Resolve. See post here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=87911

I remembered that it used to work so I installed 12.5 on my son's PC and it loaded fine. So I saved it as a resolve project. But when I try to load the resolve project onto my PC (running 15.2.3.015 Studio) it saves the file but the timeline is blank.

Does anyone know how to load an older resolve file into the latest version?

Thanks!

Marc Wielage

Re: Load 12.5 project into studio 15

PostFri Mar 22, 2019 4:44 am

You should be able to export a 12.5 project and import that into Resolve 15. I have certainly done it with 14 and 14.5, and the structure didn't change that radically.

You will need to check all the Color Management and Config setups, and also be sure to double-check any Raw settings (project-wide or clip), but it can work very effectively. You will also need to import any LUTs used, plus any PowerGrades and the usual stuff that you'll need for the session.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

houldsworth1

Re: Load 12.5 project into studio 15

PostFri Mar 22, 2019 10:36 am

Marc Wielage wrote:You should be able to export a 12.5 project and import that into Resolve 15. I have certainly done it with 14 and 14.5, and the structure didn't change that radically.

That was my assumption but...it didn't work. I used export project (Ctrl-E) and saved the file. I've done that to move projects between my desktop and my laptop (same version) often but this one didn't work.

Return to DaVinci Resolve