Peaking Audio Issues; Only in Resolve/Resolve's Export

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

notMateo

Peaking Audio Issues; Only in Resolve/Resolve's Export

PostWed May 15, 2019 8:48 pm

So I've been using Resolve over Premiere Pro for about a month now and I've ran into an audio issue that I haven't found a solution for. The audio from the raw footage sounds flattened, bass-less, and thin when it peaks in Resolve. This flattened sound doesn't exist in the original file, it only becomes a thing when I add it to the Timeline in Resolve, or when I finish editing and export it from Resolve. The original file sounds fine, it sounded fine in Premiere Pro's timeline, and in the Premiere Pro exported version.

If you're looking for examples, I can link two episodes of the show. If you fast forward to the middle of the episodes, it's not hard to spot when anyone starts talking. I'm not sure what the problem is but all help is appreciated. Please excuse the super-unfunny show by the way, we try our best...

Premiere Pro:

Resolve:

(Edit: Whoops, I didn't post an episode made with Premiere Pro for the Premiere Pro link, sorry! EP52 should be old enough that was before I made the switch, so, fixed!)

notMateo

Re: Peaking Audio Issues; Only in Resolve/Resolve's Export

PostWed May 22, 2019 7:13 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm at my wit's end here and just trying to find any way I can combat this.

Will Howard

Re: Peaking Audio Issues; Only in Resolve/Resolve's Export

PostThu May 23, 2019 1:14 am

Can you post a screengrab of your timeline and maybe a source clip properties window? Are you using the Fairlight page?

Are you on v15.3?

Return to DaVinci Resolve