ADR question

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rick van den Berg

ADR question

PostMon May 20, 2019 6:55 pm

I'm preparing some work for an upcoming show which will contain a voiceover. i would like to make use of the ADR function inside of resolve. there was just one thing.

we already have some voiceover text written down. but it is not final yet, depending on how fun the edit eventually will be.

i can imagine we will delete a portion, to keep the energy in final edit. but (by default) the list cue's after the part we delete are not rippling along. its kind of a pain to manually adjust all the remaining cue's back to the right spot. is there a switch i'm missing that will ripple the cue's timecodes along?

i'm in 15.3

Reynaud Venter

Re: ADR question

PostTue May 21, 2019 7:58 am

Rick van den Berg wrote:i can imagine we will delete a portion, to keep the energy in final edit. but (by default) the list cue's after the part we delete are not rippling along. its kind of a pain to manually adjust all the remaining cue's back to the right spot.
Cues are always locked to their assigned Timecode In/Out values as specified in the Cue list.
The expected behaviour is that Cues do not ripple with each edit.

Reconforming the Cue list within Resolve would be useful.
Majority of the standalone Dubbing/ADR applications perform this function via Conformalizer.

Return to DaVinci Resolve