DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio beta3 - Sound Glitch

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Playmakerstudios

DaVinci Resolve 16 Studio beta3 - Sound Glitch

PostWed May 22, 2019 5:12 pm

Hey everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone else is having this glitch. I have two files for a short film I'm working on.
One is a reworked edit on h264 (MOV) rendered in resolve and the second is the older one i'm just
going to steal the audio from. It's a h264 (mp4) rendered in after effects.

So bottom line whats happening is I try to replace the audio on the same timeline andthere were a few scene swaps so I had to move some sections.

1. The mp4 version audio doesn't finish showing me a waveform in the audio line. But I can still hear the audio when I press play. It just sharply cuts off the visual waveform.

2. When I move the mp4 audio anywhere that is touching where the current timeline marker is it will just play the last audio that used to be there. No matter where the clip is on that maker it's like i never moved the clips audio.

3. The other audio timelines had audio on them but once I thought I had replaced everything I moved all audio to the A1 line..But I can still hear audio from the other lines, even after deleted or moved from the old lines...I have to mute them to not hear it , even though they are not there.

None of my files are cached and I am only working with two source clips. Same frame rate and audio rates, not that it matters.

Return to DaVinci Resolve