Nvidia vs Native rendering play back

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

atodzia

Nvidia vs Native rendering play back

PostSun Jun 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Does anyone know why if I render my 4K video using Nvidia encoding and try playing it back from my Synology NAS on my home network it does not play smoothly and I get the spinning thing every minute as it tries to catch up. When I render using Native encoding (which takes 4 times longer) it plays smoothly over my home network from the Synology NAS. In both cases I have the network optimization box checked and have the quality restricted to 70000 Kb/s. I am streaming the video to my Nvidia Shield over a 1 GB wired connection. I am using Resolve Studio ver 15.3
Davinci Resolve Studio
Nvidia RTX 3090
64GB ddr5 6000
2TB SSD OS, 2TB SSD for project video clips

Roen Davis

Re: Nvidia vs Native rendering play back

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 1:59 am

It might be your card:
I could set my old Quadro K5200 to render but the results were poor. I have recently put in RTX 2080 TI and it works very well!
to the deaf person the dancer appears mad

atodzia

Re: Nvidia vs Native rendering play back

PostMon Jun 17, 2019 3:38 am

I have a 1080 TI card. I can view the renders fine on my computer and if I put the mp4 rendered clip on a hard drive and plug it into the Nvidia Shield it plays fine on my TV. The problem is only over the network. Something is different with the clip when played over the network when it is encoded using the Nvidia encoder vs native in Resolve. The work around is I just use native and it takes 4 times longer to render but then plays fine over my home network. Maybe this will go away in version 16 :)
Davinci Resolve Studio
Nvidia RTX 3090
64GB ddr5 6000
2TB SSD OS, 2TB SSD for project video clips

Return to DaVinci Resolve