Transporting an edited clip from one project to another

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

naseltzer

Transporting an edited clip from one project to another

PostFri Jun 21, 2019 10:46 pm

Hello,
I've been making YouTube videos recently, and I like to begin each one with the appearance of my animated logo. I originally made it in another video editing project (in DR), but I continue to use it in all my videos. Essentially what Ive been doing is loading in the original media (which needs editing to trim it down to size) from the source media file. But this is annoying because every time I do it I have to re-edit the clip. Is there a way to just save or somehow transport the edited clip from one project to another?

Thanks,
N

Craig Howard

Re: Transporting an edited clip from one project to another

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 12:54 am

Export the animation as a unique clip and reuse it anywhere you need to over any project.
Craig Howard - AKA Shooter
D.P, Editor, Producer - Shooter Film Company
Hawke's Bay , New Zealand

Windows 10 PC, Da Vinci Resolve 15.x,

Marc Wielage

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 1:12 am

Three ways you could do it:

1) with Dynamic Project switching turned on, open both projects. Highlight the animation clip. Copy it to the clipboard. Now go to the new project and paste it where you need it. Done.

2) Export the animated clip as a self-contained clip, and just reuse that whenever you need it for your open.

3) create an empty template that already has this clip built at the head of the timeline. When you begin to work on a new project, open this template, Save-As with the name of your new project, and then bring in whatever new material you need.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Gary Hango

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 1:43 am

Marc Wielage wrote:Three ways you could do it:

1) with Dynamic Project switching turned on, open both projects. Highlight the animation clip. Copy it to the clipboard. Now go to the new project and paste it where you need it. Done.

2) Export the animated clip as a self-contained clip, and just reuse that whenever you need it for your open.

3) create an empty template that already has this clip built at the head of the timeline. When you begin to work on a new project, open this template, Save-As with the name of your new project, and then bring in whatever new material you need.

4) Open the Power Bin, create a sub folder "Intro 01", drag the clip from your timeline to the Power Bin folder. Power bins are accessible in any project.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700, 3.40GHz, 32.0 GB
MB: MSI, BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. A.60, 12/17/2015
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 2Gb
Resolve 18.1.1.0007(Free)

naseltzer

PostSat Jun 22, 2019 5:55 am

Thanks, ya'll!

Return to DaVinci Resolve