Resolve Edit PC: Is this a balanced spec for £1500?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Carsten Sellberg

Re: Resolve Edit PC: Is this a balanced spec for £1500?

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 4:39 pm

URSA Mini 4.6K

Jean Claude

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Carsten Sellberg wrote:Hi.

Here is a link to the review:

https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ ... 4VIDEO.HTM

OK, thanks.
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

cremedouble

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Mario Kalogjera wrote:
Jean Claude wrote:
without source clip example, difficult to judge. Place a link to download a small piece of clip. :)

There are examples in his link, at the end of the review. ;)

Here is one short clip anyways:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... 7.MOV.html

Jean Claude

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 5:23 pm

cremedouble wrote:
Mario Kalogjera wrote:
Jean Claude wrote:
without source clip example, difficult to judge. Place a link to download a small piece of clip. :)

There are examples in his link, at the end of the review. ;)

Here is one short clip anyways:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... 7.MOV.html

Thank's,

OK.

Your clip is calm and requires some corrections in colors and especially brightness. FREE version should do it.

However, I also downloaded the clip geese1920-30p.MOV from
https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ ... 4VIDEO.HTM

It requires stabilization + OFX Deflicker, the Studio version will handle this kind of clip. Free: NO.

And to manage this kind of clip: you will have your GPU that will start to load but with 8 GB VRAM there will be no worries for an HD project.

Now if the Studio version is not your goal and HD Project only your goal. Do not consider what I just said for that. :)
"Saying it is good, but doing it is better! "
Win10-1809 | Resolve Studio V16.1 | Fusion Studio V16.1 | Decklink 4K Extreme 6G | RTX 2080Ti 431.86 NSD driver! |

Darren Abate

PostMon Jul 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Can you Please confirm what Mario Kalogjera wrote in an another thread:

Mario Kalogjera wrote: Same happens here with RX 580 and R16, no sign of this in R15 AFAIK.

I will not ask you to go back to Resolve ver 15. But can you please confirm that you actual are on Resolve 16 Beta?

Regards Carsten.

Hi Carsten,

Confirmed, I'm currently using Resolve 16.0.0.044

BenSchranz

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 5:06 am

shotbyshaun wrote:
Carsten Sellberg wrote:I will NOT recommend you to buy a Asus ROG Crosshair VIII motherboard, if you don't plan to do a lot of gaming.

What are your thoughts on the ASRock X570 TaiChi?
Not sure if you have decided yet, but mine is in the mail.

I did a few hours of research and landed on that being the best price for performance board.

The capabilities for a Thunderbolt 3 add in card also helped sell me in it.

If you want a good source of information, gonti YouTube and search for TechLevel1. His page has a video that shares much about it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cremedouble

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 7:41 am

BenSchranz wrote:The capabilities for a Thunderbolt 3 add in card also helped sell me in it.

Does Thunderbolt 3 work with a AMD processor?

Carsten Sellberg

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 8:24 am

cremedouble wrote: Does Thunderbolt 3 work with a AMD processor?

Hi.

Yes it does. Last year one from Intel wrote in a blog that they want to give Thunderbolt 3 for free to the rest of the industry. And the X399 DESIGNARE EX motherboard for the AMD Threadripper CPU was the first to have a header for it. But the Thunderbolt 3 was never completely implemented.

But a few X570 motherboards have a header for it. I expect you have to use a Thunderbolt 3 add in card of the same brand as the motherboard itself.

But on the internet, I have seen other using Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Card:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-GC-TI ... SwUBtb7QSE

with driver from Gigabytes Intel motherboards on more AMD CPU's. As I remember is the problem that it only work after a warm boot. So you have to boot your PC twice. Here is a link with more information:

https://egpu.io/forums/builds/thunderbo ... 03-itsage/

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

cremedouble

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 5:25 pm

Carsten Sellberg wrote:with driver from Gigabytes Intel motherboards on more AMD CPU's. As I remember is the problem that it only work after a warm boot. So you have to boot your PC twice.

I don't quite get what you are saying here. Is it preferable to get a motherboard from another brand, to ensure that thunderbolt will work without warm boot?

BenSchranz

PostWed Jul 24, 2019 6:18 pm

I personally haven't heard of an issue with warm booting...the only negatives that I've come across is that even though a few of the gigabyte or MSI boards have Thunderbolt 3 headers, they don't yet have out the drivers that make it functional.

If you're going with the taichi x570 I would highly suggest going with the ASRock Thunderbolt 3 add-in card. You can find it on Amazon.

Carsten Sellberg

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 6:49 am

cremedouble wrote: I don't quite get what you are saying here.

Hi.

Thank you for telling me that you don't quite get what I am saying here, for then I expect others to be in the same situation. So I will try to explain more and split it up in different scenarios.

I read that two X570 motherbopard comes with one or two built in Tunderbolt 3 Type-C connectors. Here are two links:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14161/th ... overview/3

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14161/th ... overview/8

I also read that several X570 motherboard have Thunderbolt 3 headers mounted. I expect you then have to read the motherboards manual for what Thunderbolt 3 plug in Card to use.
I expect in the Asus manual they describe a solution with a Asus Thunderbolt 3 plug in Card. Suggest you follow the advice from the manual.

But What is the possibilities to use Thunderbolt 3 with a AMD CPU if you don't have a motherboard with a Thunderbolt 3 header:

From time to time in the last year, did I read a little information on Thunderbolt 3 on AMD CPU's. So this last part will be from my memory, and I don't have links for all the information.

Some Intel motherboards have headers for Thunderbolt 3. I read that the cable from a Thunderbolt add in Card is connected to this motherboard header. The motherboard header are connected to a
programmable input - output port. As I see this system, is it Intels way to require a dongle inside Intel motherboards when using a Thunderbolt add on card.

Here is a description of one of more possibilities if your AMD motherboard don't have such a Thunderbolt 3 header.

Installation steps:

'Same as with the Threadripper system, there was no hacking or modding BIOS settings. I learned from @karatekid430 jumping pin 3 and 5 can keep the GC-Titan-Ridge AIC awake at boot. This way the system can hot-detect Thunderbolt devices in Windows. It's not fully functional as hot-plug though. I need to warm boot for the eGPU to start working. The crucial piece of software is Intel Thunderbolt Software. I installed version [17.4.77.400] from Gigabyte support website.'

And as understand it. Is it from the Gigabyte Intel Motherboard support website.

From this link:

He have chosen the Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Card:

Please tell us if you see descriptions on using other NON Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Cards.

Hope it helps.

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

BenSchranz

PostThu Jul 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Carsten Sellberg wrote:
cremedouble wrote: I don't quite get what you are saying here.

Hi.

Thank you for telling me that you don't quite get what I am saying here, for then I expect others to be in the same situation. So I will try to explain more and split it up in different scenarios.

I read that two X570 motherbopard comes with one or two built in Tunderbolt 3 Type-C connectors. Here are two links:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14161/th ... overview/3

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14161/th ... overview/8

I also read that several X570 motherboard have Thunderbolt 3 headers mounted. I expect you then have to read the motherboards manual for what Thunderbolt 3 plug in Card to use.
I expect in the Asus manual they describe a solution with a Asus Thunderbolt 3 plug in Card. Suggest you follow the advice from the manual.

But What is the possibilities to use Thunderbolt 3 with a AMD CPU if you don't have a motherboard with a Thunderbolt 3 header:

From time to time in the last year, did I read a little information on Thunderbolt 3 on AMD CPU's. So this last part will be from my memory, and I don't have links for all the information.

Some Intel motherboards have headers for Thunderbolt 3. I read that the cable from a Thunderbolt add in Card is connected to this motherboard header. The motherboard header are connected to a
programmable input - output port. As I see this system, is it Intels way to require a dongle inside Intel motherboards when using a Thunderbolt add on card.

Here is a description of one of more possibilities if your AMD motherboard don't have such a Thunderbolt 3 header.

Installation steps:

'Same as with the Threadripper system, there was no hacking or modding BIOS settings. I learned from @karatekid430 jumping pin 3 and 5 can keep the GC-Titan-Ridge AIC awake at boot. This way the system can hot-detect Thunderbolt devices in Windows. It's not fully functional as hot-plug though. I need to warm boot for the eGPU to start working. The crucial piece of software is Intel Thunderbolt Software. I installed version [17.4.77.400] from Gigabyte support website.'

And as understand it. Is it from the Gigabyte Intel Motherboard support website.

From this link:

He have chosen the Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Card:

Please tell us if you see descriptions on using other NON Gigabyte GC-TITAN RIDGE Thunderbolt 3 Expansion Cards.

Hope it helps.

Regards Carsten.
Why would you recommend this backwards ass way to get semi-functional thunderbolt 3?

Just buy an x570 board with a header and the correct add in card.

Carsten Sellberg

PostFri Jul 26, 2019 5:47 am

Hi.

I am sorry if you read above as a recommendation. It is a presentation of different possibilities.

Not all are going to buy a new X570 motherboard with either Tunderbolt 3 Type-C connectors or Thunderbolt 3 headers mounted.

For owners of AMD X399 Threadripper motherboards or Intel motherboards without Thunderbolt 3 headers, can the last description be a possibility. Or for owners of pre AMD X570 AM4 motherboards, if they have a free 4x PCIe ver 3.0 connector.

I chooses the link I did, because they also describe some of the disadvantages by this solutions very well.

Again it is not recommendations, but presentations of possibilities.

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

BenSchranz

PostFri Jul 26, 2019 6:20 am

I am sorry if you read above as a recommendation. It is a presentation of different possibilities.

Not all are going to buy a new X570 motherboard with either Tunderbolt 3 Type-C connectors or Thunderbolt 3 headers mounted.

For owners of AMD X399 Threadripper motherboards or Intel motherboards without Thunderbolt 3 headers, can the last description be a possibility. Or for owners of pre AMD X570 AM4 motherboards, if they have a free 4x PCIe ver 3.0 connector.

I chooses the link I did, because they also describe some of the disadvantages by this solutions very well.

Again it is not recommendations, but presentations of possibilities.

Regards Carsten.
Sorry Carsten, I definitely read into that the wrong way.

That's an impressive amount of work you did to get Thunderbolt working on your x399!

cremedouble

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 8:58 am

I'm going to buy the parts for my build next week. This is my list:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (boxed) € 344
Motherboard: ASRock X570 TAICHI € 324
Memory: G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit € 177,90
Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1 TB € 254,- (scratch)
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB € 79,90 (system)
+ Seagate ST8000DM004 8 TB(SATA 6 Gb/s, 3,5")€ 229,90 x2 (archive)
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 590 Phantom Gaming X 8G OC € 199,90
Case: Used
Power supply: Used
Software: Windows 10 unregistered, Davinci Resolve (Free)

Total:1609.60 €

Future Upgrades:
PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card
Davinci Resolve Studio

I'm goind with the ASRock x570 TAICHI for the tunderbolt 3 upgradeablity and the RX 590 Phantom which I want to replace later on with a PCIe 4.0 Graphics card for the Studio version. I will work with 1080p material exlusively and do some audio editing in cubase as well.

NeverMindThe

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 9:03 am

cremedouble wrote:I'm going to buy the parts for my build next week. This is my list:

Memory: G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit € 177,90

Total:1609.60 €

Future Upgrades:
PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card
Davinci Resolve Studio

I'm goind with the ASRock x570 TAICHI for the tunderbolt 3 upgradeablity and the RX 590 Phantom which I want to replace later on with a PCIe 4.0 Graphics card for the Studio version. I will work with 1080p material exlusively and do some audio editing in cubase as well.

I'm probably stating the obvious but will mention it anyway....

DO make sure your Ram chips are compatbilbe with the Ryzen CPU's. I had issue with a set that refused to run at the correct DDR clock speed, swapped out for a 'Ryzen compatable' set and now running perfectly.

Also as I found out, do remember that Resolve does prefer some Nvidia GPU's. I bought the 5700XT and found out it was missing some crucial rendering performance in Neural Engine related tasks as Resolve does not yet fully utilise OpenCL. Have swapped out for a (sadly) more expensive GTX and it's now flying through SpeedWarp retimings!

Great MB btw and the T3 AIC is working perfectly - once enabled in BIOS (doh - took a while to figure that one out).

Best of luck.

cremedouble

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 9:53 am

NeverMindThe wrote:DO make sure your Ram chips are compatbilbe with the Ryzen CPU's. I had issue with a set that refused to run at the correct DDR clock speed, swapped out for a 'Ryzen compatable' set and now running perfectly.

I will check on that.

NeverMindThe wrote:Also as I found out, do remember that Resolve does prefer some Nvidia GPU's. I bought the 5700XT and found out it was missing some crucial rendering performance in Neural Engine related tasks as Resolve does not yet fully utilise OpenCL. Have swapped out for a (sadly) more expensive GTX and it's now flying through SpeedWarp retimings!

That's good to know, as soon as the PCIe 4.0 Cards are released I will look for a Nvidia solution. As far as I can tell, the cheaper AMD card I have chosen will do for 1080p on the free version of Resolve?

NeverMindThe wrote:Great MB btw and the T3 AIC is working perfectly - once enabled in BIOS (doh - took a while to figure that one out).

That's good to hear, I may need Thunderbolt 3 for a audio interface. Thanks for your response!

BenSchranz

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 11:31 am

I'm assuming the 5700xt is working with the release true release of 16. One of their notes for the update is that they've expanded support in AMD gpus, but I'll let you know later today when I finally put my new build together! Ha

NeverMindThe

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 4:33 pm

BenSchranz wrote:I'm assuming the 5700xt is working with the release true release of 16. One of their notes for the update is that they've expanded support in AMD gpus, but I'll let you know later today when I finally put my new build together! Ha

Yes it works fine, but Resolve apparently doesn't utilise OpenCL as well as CUDA, especially for things processed by the Neural Engine. For me that was SpeedWarp processing, and the 5700XT was actually much slower than a 2016 Macbook Pro as it was I ky using the CPU.

On an Nvidia 2080 however it absolutely flies...! For my particular circumstances it had to be an Nvidia GPU with CUDA.

Cheers

Carsten Sellberg

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 6:35 pm

NeverMindThe wrote: Yes it works fine, but Resolve apparently doesn't utilise OpenCL as well as CUDA, especially for things processed by the Neural Engine. For me that was SpeedWarp processing

Hi.

You can't expect the same performance across all platforms.
Metal, CUDA and OpenCL will always have performance differences.

Here is your thread as I remember it:

Quote Rohit Gupta: 'DaVinci Neural Engine which SpeedWarp is based on, and plenty of other algorithms introduce in v15/v16 are most optimised for Metal and CUDA. On Windows, you should get significantly faster renders than your Macbook with a modern NVIDIA GPU, like the RTX or Volta series which have Tensor cores.'

Quote Peter Chamberlain: 'As Rohit said, METAL and CUDA is currently optimized and we couldn’t say when an OpenCL implementation might be similar in performance. If you need the feature soon then new Mac Pro or a tensor core nvidia GPU is on your list.'

From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=95731&p=531454&hilit=peter+metal+opencl#p531454

Peters explanation was that 'METAL and CUDA is currently optimized and we couldn’t say when an OpenCL implementation might be similar in performance'

But not all forum members are using SpeedWarp. I expect many don't even know what it is, or how to use it.
These users maybe be looking for more general benchmark as this YouTube one. Please stop it at 10:30 in the 'DaVinchi Resolve render Times (4K 60FPS Project) cart'and se the Rendertimes for the different codec.

In the H264 and DHxHR is the 5700XT much faster than the 2080Ti. And in Cineform and H265 are both Cards about the same.
For users using much H264 or DHxHR can the RX 5700 XT be a much better choice. For you and other using Speed Warp, can I understand you choose a Geforce Card. But you can't say that one is better than the other. It will depend on your situation.

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

BenSchranz

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Carsten Sellberg wrote:
NeverMindThe wrote: Yes it works fine, but Resolve apparently doesn't utilise OpenCL as well as CUDA, especially for things processed by the Neural Engine. For me that was SpeedWarp processing

Hi.

You can't expect the same performance across all platforms.
Metal, CUDA and OpenCL will always have performance differences.

Here is your thread as I remember it:

Quote Rohit Gupta: 'DaVinci Neural Engine which SpeedWarp is based on, and plenty of other algorithms introduce in v15/v16 are most optimised for Metal and CUDA. On Windows, you should get significantly faster renders than your Macbook with a modern NVIDIA GPU, like the RTX or Volta series which have Tensor cores.'

Quote Peter Chamberlain: 'As Rohit said, METAL and CUDA is currently optimized and we couldn’t say when an OpenCL implementation might be similar in performance. If you need the feature soon then new Mac Pro or a tensor core nvidia GPU is on your list.'

From this thread: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/view ... cl#p531454

Peters explanation was that 'METAL and CUDA is currently optimized and we couldn’t say when an OpenCL implementation might be similar in performance'

But not all forum members are using SpeedWarp. I expect many don't even know what it is, or how to use it.
These users maybe be looking for more general benchmark as this YouTube one. Please stop it at 10:30 in the 'DaVinchi Resolve render Times (4K 60FPS Project) cart'and se the Rendertimes for the different codec.

In the H264 and DHxHR is the 5700XT much faster than the 2080Ti. And in Cineform and H265 are both Cards about the same.
For users using much H264 or DHxHR can the RX 5700 XT be a much better choice. For you and other using Speed Warp, can I understand you choose a Geforce Card. But you can't say that one is better than the other. It will depend on your situation.

Regards Carsten.
+ 100

NeverMindThe

PostFri Aug 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Which is EXACTLY why I pointed out the SPECIFIC instances where an OpenCL GPU may fall far short of expectations (ie ALL Neural Engine processes, not just SpeedWarp!!) , and very carefully used the phrase...

"For my particular circumstances"

Again, if you intend to edit and make use of any Neural Engine based processes, then you would be well advised to choose a CUDA based card.

Is it irritating that Resolve does not take advantage of OpenCL? Indeed it is, whether this is because of OpenCL itself or the dev's not being able/wanting to utilise it fully I have no idea. I'm not that inerested any more as I have found the perfect card for my workflow.

Should DR users be made more aware of the differences in performance between CUDA / Metal / OpenCL for specific tasks? Yes I think they should, and that was the nature of my post.

Sorry if you feel it's criticising BMD, but it's simply stating facts, and in the case of the Neural Engine processes in DR16, facts that you have kindly copied/pasted into this thread :)

It's also not a a stupid 'my GPU is better than yours'. Of course every user should choose what works for them, and I wish I could have got away with a 5700XT, but in my situation I was disappointed in being stuck with OpenCL so chose to switch, and for SpeedWarp (astonishing speed change results btw and even bests the good old days of Twixtor) amongst other things, it's the dogs! :) [Also a rather impressibe gaming GPU too, but don't tell my wife]

Clear enough?
Cheers.

cremedouble

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Researching the compatiblity of the ram chips with Ryzen CPU's goes a bit over my head.

This is what the store I want to buy from offers:

G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C19D-32GVRB, Ripjaws V) € 177,90
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC, Trident Z Neo) € 244,90
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C17D-32GTZSW, Trident Z) € 294,-
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C17D-32GTZ, Trident Z) € 294,-
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C17D-32GTZR, Trident Z RGB) € 314,-
HyperX DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (HX436C17PB3K2/32, Predator) € 339,-
Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (CMT32GX4M2K3600C18, Dominator Platinum RGB) € 399,-

Is it save to assume, since most of the ram is from G.Skill, that they are compatible? I would prefer to go with the cheaper option.

NeverMindThe

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 6:26 pm

Not sure about the GSkill but I can absolutely confirm that this ram works perfectly on an ASRock X570 MB with Ryzen 9 3900x , it's only 3200 though, not 3600.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TB47MN4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best of luck.

Marco R.

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 12:59 am

Ryzen 7 3700x will not Sup. 3600

Speicher
Max. SpeichertaktfrequenzROM-06a
3200MHz
Speichertyp
DDR4
Speicherkanäle
https://www.amd.com/de/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-3700x
MSI x570 Ace
AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600
2080ti
970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 500gig
Gigabyte AORUS 1tb Gen.4
2x MX500 Raid0
W10P,Studio16.2.2

Carsten Sellberg

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 am

cremedouble wrote:Researching the compatiblity of the ram chips with Ryzen CPU's goes a bit over my head.

This is what the store I want to buy from offers:

G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C19D-32GVRB, Ripjaws V) € 177,90
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC, Trident Z Neo) € 244,90
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C17D-32GTZSW, Trident Z) € 294,-
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C17D-32GTZ, Trident Z) € 294,-
G.Skill DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (F4-3600C17D-32GTZR, Trident Z RGB) € 314,-
HyperX DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (HX436C17PB3K2/32, Predator) € 339,-
Corsair DIMM 32 GB DDR4-3600 Kit (CMT32GX4M2K3600C18, Dominator Platinum RGB) € 399,-

Is it save to assume, since most of the ram is from G.Skill, that they are compatible? I would prefer to go with the cheaper option.

Hi.

I did a cut and paste: 'On the memory controller side particularly, AMD promises a wholly revamped design that brings new support for a whole lot faster DDR4 modules, with the chip coming by default categorized as supporting DDR4-3200, which is a bump over the DDR-2933 support of the Ryzen 2000 series.
AMD had published an interesting slide in regards to the new faster DDR support that went well above the officially supported 3200 speeds, with AMD claiming that the new controllers are able to support up to DDR4-4200 with ease and overclocking being possible to achieve ever higher speeds. However there’s a catch: in order to support DDR4 above 3600, the chip will automatically change the memory controller to infinity fabric clock ratio from being 1:1 to 2:1.'

From this link: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14605/th ... -the-bar/2

And here is the mention slide.

And all motherboard have a QVL list of the RAMs the motherboard manusfactor have actual testet and approved for that particular board. You can find it on the motherboards website.

But else will I suggest you ask your shop what RAM they recommend for that particular motherboard.

Regards Carsten.
URSA Mini 4.6K

cremedouble

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 11:37 am

Carsten Sellberg wrote:But else will I suggest you ask your shop what RAM they recommend for that particular motherboard.

Okay, I will ask what they recommend.

Their selection of 3200 RAM is quite extensive:
https://www.alternate.de/html/search.ht ... 28=32768.0

While the list of their 3600 RAM is rather short (see above).

I don't really know which RAM I should go for. Maybe asking the seller might be the best option.

EDIT:
Memory: 32 GB DDR4-3??? Kit

76erfan

PostTue Aug 13, 2019 1:28 pm

cremedouble wrote:
Carsten Sellberg wrote:But else will I suggest you ask your shop what RAM they recommend for that particular motherboard.

Okay, I will ask what they recommend.

Their selection of 3200 RAM is quite extensive:
https://www.alternate.de/html/search.ht ... 28=32768.0

While the list of their 3600 RAM is rather short (see above).

I don't really know which RAM I should go for. Maybe asking the seller might be the best option.

EDIT:
Memory: 32 GB DDR4-3??? Kit

ASRock has some good info on their web site for recommended and tested memory. Here is a link to your board.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Ta ... p#MemoryMS
I used this when I planned out my system. I have not had any issues the memory works as advertised.

Rudolf Abelin

PostThu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am

Thank you Carsten Sellberg! Your insight is fantastic! Hälsningar Biggles

Andreas Eymannsberger

PostSun Sep 01, 2019 9:49 am

Carsten Sellberg wrote:In the H264 and DHxHR is the 5700XT much faster than the 2080Ti. And in Cineform and H265 are both Cards about the same.
Regards Carsten.

It would be so interesting to see more benchmarks apart from just rendering times.
I have asked on their video if they could do the candle benchmark, from what puget system tested the 5700XT doesn't look as promising at the moment (updated drivers may change this) compared to the 2060 Super, thought about purchasing a 5700 or 5700XT myself, but Puget benchmarks are a real bummer.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/pic_disp.php?id=56741

Maybe the 5700 is still the best option, just looking at bang for the buck. Would be another few percent slower as the XT as of now, but ~20% cheaper. On the other hand, what are 20% in this price league... :roll:

If AMD would just optimize their drivers (at least this is the assumed cause by Puget Systems), would make it somewhat easier to buy their cards.
Previous

Return to DaVinci Resolve