Title Moving Unexpectedly

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Clement657

  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 am
  • Real Name: Clément Allemand

Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 6:32 pm

Hi everyone,

Just had several times, on different projects, a very annoying and ununderstanding issue with titles...

In the Edit Page, I put my titles on a specific video track, manage them as I want and then, suddenly, they move un unexpected way ! Usually, going down left of the image for 2 seconds, and then go back to the initial position. So I recreate the title to debug the thing quickly, but I have the same issue with another one, on a very unexpected and random way

You can see in snapshots attached.
title1.png
title1.png (566.93 KiB) Viewed 1067 times

title2.png
title2.png (542.46 KiB) Viewed 1067 times


I precise that they are not animated titles, and I did not use Fusion to made them (as it is very basic titles).

Is anyone already faced this issue ?

Thanks / merci d'avance,
Offline

Jim Simon

  • Posts: 2440
  • Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostTue Jun 25, 2019 7:57 pm

I've never seen that in any version of Resolve.

These are normal Text titles, not Text+ titles?
Offline
User avatar

Clement657

  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 am
  • Real Name: Clément Allemand

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Sorry, I should have specified it is "Text+ titles".
Offline
User avatar

Jean Claude

  • Posts: 2522
  • Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:41 pm
  • Location: France

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Clement657 wrote:Hi everyone,

Just had several times, on different projects, a very annoying and ununderstanding issue with titles...

In the Edit Page, I put my titles on a specific video track, manage them as I want and then, suddenly, they move un unexpected way ! Usually, going down left of the image for 2 seconds, and then go back to the initial position. So I recreate the title to debug the thing quickly, but I have the same issue with another one, on a very unexpected and random way

You can see in snapshots attached.
title1.png

title2.png


I precise that they are not animated titles, and I did not use Fusion to made them (as it is very basic titles).

Is anyone already faced this issue ?

Thanks / merci d'avance,


Hi Clément,
Can you develop how you make a title +. It's a static title? You do use keyframes?

(Salut Clément,
Peux-tu développer comment tu as fait ton title+. C'est un titre statique ? Tu n'utilises pas les keyframe des fois? merci d'avance :) )
Windows 10 PRO X64 1903 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.0.0.044 | Fusion Studio 16.0. build 43 | Decklink Studio 4K 6G | Desktop Video 11.2.00 | X99-A II, i7-6850K | RTX 2080Ti | Nvidia 430.86 NSD
Offline

Jim Simon

  • Posts: 2440
  • Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:47 am

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 7:54 pm

OK, if it's a Text+ title, my first thought is that you started with a template that is supposed to move across the screen.
Offline
User avatar

Clement657

  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 am
  • Real Name: Clément Allemand

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostSun Jun 30, 2019 10:06 am

It's a static title, it's supposed to stay in the middle of the image. Without Key Frame but with a fade at the beginning and the end.
As i said, it's also happening on another project, which as nothing to do with this one.
Offline
User avatar

Jean Claude

  • Posts: 2522
  • Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:41 pm
  • Location: France

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostSun Jun 30, 2019 4:09 pm

Hello Clement,
Can you share the project (export project to .drp)? and post a share link from drive or share space)
(no need for media) :)
Windows 10 PRO X64 1903 | DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.0.0.044 | Fusion Studio 16.0. build 43 | Decklink Studio 4K 6G | Desktop Video 11.2.00 | X99-A II, i7-6850K | RTX 2080Ti | Nvidia 430.86 NSD
Offline

xunile

  • Posts: 550
  • Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:21 am
  • Real Name: Eric Eisenmann

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Clement657 wrote:It's a static title, it's supposed to stay in the middle of the image. Without Key Frame but with a fade at the beginning and the end.
As i said, it's also happening on another project, which as nothing to do with this one.


Text+ Titles are Fusion based, so I would try clearing the Fusion cache the next time it happens, it might help with the issue.
Win 10 Home
Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB
Resolve 16 Beta
Offline
User avatar

Clement657

  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:52 am
  • Real Name: Clément Allemand

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 9:08 am

Thanks for your help.

I kind of manage to annihale the unexpected move by creating a CompoundClip. But if I quit and reopen Resolve, I still face problem on a random way...

Text+ Titles are Fusion based, so I would try clearing the Fusion cache the next time it happens, it might help with the issue.


It seems to work ! When you say "Clearing the Fusion cache", you mean Clearing ALL Cached Media ? (Lecture/Clearing Cached Media) Or is there just a way to clear just the Fusion Cached Media ?

And do you think it could be because I only have 16 Gb RAM ? Which is under the 32Gb recommended to run Fusion ?

Thank you for your advice ! Merci !
Offline

xunile

  • Posts: 550
  • Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:21 am
  • Real Name: Eric Eisenmann

Re: Title Moving Unexpectedly

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Clement657 wrote:Thanks for your help.

I kind of manage to annihale the unexpected move by creating a CompoundClip. But if I quit and reopen Resolve, I still face problem on a random way...

Text+ Titles are Fusion based, so I would try clearing the Fusion cache the next time it happens, it might help with the issue.


It seems to work ! When you say "Clearing the Fusion cache", you mean Clearing ALL Cached Media ? (Lecture/Clearing Cached Media) Or is there just a way to clear just the Fusion Cached Media ?

And do you think it could be because I only have 16 Gb RAM ? Which is under the 32Gb recommended to run Fusion ?

Thank you for your advice ! Merci !


In the Fusion tab, right click on the bottom right where is shows %-MB, and choose "Purge Cache".
Win 10 Home
Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB
Resolve 16 Beta

Return to DaVinci Resolve

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Robert John, Steve Alexander and 27 guests