Media Offline - images jpeg and tiff

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

thiagotortiz

Media Offline - images jpeg and tiff

PostSat Jul 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi there,

I'm newbie on Davinci Resolve 16, just installed this software to help me create a "small" movie with videos and photos of my family...
Before I tried use the Filmora9 (too many bugs to save project).

Importing images (jpeg and tiff) some of them shown me the red message "media offline".
Then, I googled this issue and watched some youtube videos that talking about "relink clips".

The "relink selected clips" didn't working for me, I select the source folder and still presenting the red message.

I too tried delete all render cache (playback menu)...

Could you help me? What I'm doing wrong?

thanks,
Thiago

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Media Offline - images jpeg and tiff

PostMon Jul 15, 2019 4:50 am

If the jpg or tiff filenames have sequential numbering they are, by default, interpreted as a moving image sequence (and imported as one clip). This may cause issues if a few images differ in resolution (digital zoom) or internal format.

You may want to try importing them as individual stills instead - this also allows you to adjust the edit duration and apply effects on each individual photograph. To do this, go to the Media Page, navigate to the correct folder in the Media Store, select Display Individual Frames under Media Store options to show individual images, and then drag them into the media pool.

If you continue to see a few stills show as offline, please post a link to some of them.

Return to DaVinci Resolve