Postgres Setup

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Matthew Schwab

Postgres Setup

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 3:30 am

Hello,

Trying to set up a Windows PC with the PostgrSQL and have a Mac Laptop connect to it. When I drag the key to the Mac Resolve, I get this error:
Failed to connect to the database. Please check log file for more details.

Not much to go on. Where is the log file and where do I go from here?

Igor Riđanović

Re: Postgres Setup

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 6:55 pm

I'm not sure where the log resides. You can try this to see if there are network issues. Open the terminal application on your Mac and execute:

psql -h IP Addresss

Where the "IP Address" is the IP address of your Windows machine. If don't get a login prompt it's possible that the server is not running or that port 5432 on your Windows is closed.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Postgres Setup

PostThu Jul 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Resolve log is generated from the Resolve Help menu: Create Diagnostics Log on Desktop.

Does your Windows machine have more than 1 IP address? If so, that's likely the issue.

if the Windows machine only has 1 IP address, then it may be that the Mac can't see the Windows machine. Open a terminal window on the Mac and verify that it can ping the Windows system IP address.

If you need further assistance, provide a log file from the Mac generated immediately after dragging the access key into the system generates the error message.

Also provide the access key.

Also provide the C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.5\data\pg_hba.conf file from the Windows machine.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to DaVinci Resolve