"Recording Failed with Error: Cannot add" when I render DCP

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jason Bowdach

"Recording Failed with Error: Cannot add" when I render DCP

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I'm encountering a strange error whenever I attempt to export a DCP using either Resolve 15.3.1 or the latest beta of 1version 6 (b6). The error states, "Recording Failed with Error: Cannot add video track to clip" and it occurs within seconds of starting the render.

I'm using a QT ProRes422 source with 6 mono tracks set up as a 5.1 setup in fairlight. I've set the Master Mix to 5.1 and linked all the tracks as a 5.1 track with no luck, error still occurs. As an attempt to workaround it, I tried exporting the audio file out as a single 5.1 and reimporting it as a single 5.1 wav file but Resolve still gets the exact same error.

Has anyone encountered this error and how did you get around it? My research points to linking the audio channels as a fix, but that didnt help me at all. Any suggestions, tips or workarounds would be grealty appreciated!
Attachments
DCP_Error.jpg
DCP_Error.jpg (42.12 KiB) Viewed 666 times
Colorist \ Finishing Artist | www.JasonBowdach.com | www.PixelToolsPost.com

derricks

Re: "Recording Failed with Error: Cannot add" when I render

PostThu Sep 23, 2021 10:27 pm

I've just encounter the same error and have had no luck solving the problem. Any chance you did? Anyone else encounter the issue?

Return to DaVinci Resolve