DaVinci Automation

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

erojasfredini

DaVinci Automation

PostFri Jul 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi, I'm working on integrating DaVinci Resolve v15 into our game pipeline. The idea is that every few seconds, or every time the prject is saved, or a modification is made (any of those would be fine) it would trigger a script that exports a still of the selected point on the timeline.

I accomplished to render the capture and export it with a script, but when the script is ran it changes the editor page to deliver and make the UI unresponsive for a few seconds. Would it be possible to render without bothering the user with the page change?

Also, I'm not sure what would be the best way to hook up to the project being saved or to trigger the script every few seconds. Any tips on the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Igor Riđanović

Re: DaVinci Automation

PostSat Jul 20, 2019 5:22 am

Since Resolve is very GPU dependent it's unlikely you can render while remaining on the edit page.

Triggering the script every few seconds should be easy if you run it inside an infinite loop like:
Code: Select all
while True:
    do_something()
    time.sleep(5000)

Triggering the script after a save is interesting. Whether you're running PostgreSQL or Disk Database, which I think is SQLite, you'd need to frequently query the database and somehow figure out when the project has been saved. If you find a solution post back, I'd love to know.
www.metafide.com - DaVinci Resolve™ Apps

Return to DaVinci Resolve