No audio midi setup 4 Fairlight Audio Accelerator PCIe card?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rob Brooks

No audio midi setup 4 Fairlight Audio Accelerator PCIe card?

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 5:41 am

Hello All,

I’m using Resolve Studio 16.1 Beta.

I purchased a Fairlight Console and Audio Interface. They are literally on the way. That said, the Fairlight Audio Accelerator PCIe Card arrived today. After a successful install of the card, it showed up in the software preference panel as expected.

I can't use it as of yet, but I have a few questions:

1. Where is the documentation; the manuals, the information? Not just for the card, but for the entire Fairlight Console family of components and workflows? It’d be very nice to have something to read and/or see regarding these items. To not have anything, even after purchase, is a bit unnerving to say the least.

2. Lastly, the card does NOT show up in Audio Midi Setup on the Mac. If this a bug? Please tell me it is! I can’t imagine using an audio card that can’t be accessed by the OS itself. If this is a purposeful design, can you reconsider redesigning it, so we can "open it up" to the system? With an audio interface already on hand, I thought I’d be able to create an Aggregate Device in Audio Midi Setup and have both audio systems work in tandem. If this card is not meant to show up in Audio Midi Setup, it looks like I’ve created a very large and expensive headache for myself.

Kindly advise if you will please. These are an important considerations; especially with a console on the way!

Please release videos, manuals and information. It’d help.

Thank you!

Reynaud Venter

Re: No audio midi setup 4 Fairlight Audio Accelerator PCIe c

PostSat Aug 10, 2019 6:40 pm

Rob Brooks wrote:Lastly, the card does NOT show up in Audio Midi Setup on the Mac. If this a bug?
The Fairlight Accelerator effectively bypasses Core Audio, allowing additional Core Audio devices to be configured within a single very flexible system.

With an audio interface already on hand, I thought I’d be able to create an Aggregate Device in Audio Midi Setup and have both audio systems work in tandem
The configuration here dedicates the Fairlight Accelerator exclusively to Resolve, and the Merging Ravenna Core Audio driver to all other audio applications - these are configured as external sources that are directly switchable from the Fairlight Audio Editor.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 18.6.6 • macOS 14.3.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Rob Brooks

PostSun Aug 11, 2019 2:56 am

Hello Raynaud,

I have no idea what you’re taking about at this juncture. I say that respectfully, because again, I’ve yet to even receive either my audio interface or my Audio Editor.

Without information and/or manuals available to reference, perhaps you can help me understand the system once it arrives.

You’re ahead of me at the moment.

Perhaps you can help me get up to speed.

Regards,

Rob

Will Howard

PostWed Aug 14, 2019 3:39 am

Bypassing of CoreAudio is intentional and for performance reasons.

Return to DaVinci Resolve