Jagged edges In source window and timeline window

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Kenny Maultsby

Jagged edges In source window and timeline window

PostSun Aug 25, 2019 5:57 am

I noticed during playback for my 4K footage that I get a look of almost like a rolling shutter effect on my videos the edges are jagged. Example I just did a AirShow last week and so I began to look at the video and drop a few clips in the timeline and notice that the edges of the wings were jagged, also on the taxi way the painted lines were the same. I had some shots of a house windows that have the trim design and that had jagged edges. I went back to a couple of 1080 projects and notice the same issue but not as bad. The output footage was find but the issue is how would I know if this is real or not? I am testing two other editing software and both of them had no jagged edges. Any tips?

Marc Wielage

Re: Jagged edges In source window and timeline window

PostSun Aug 25, 2019 11:30 pm

Is it possible some or all of the material is interlaced? This symptom is typically a sign of an interlaced display problem.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Mike Warren

Re: Jagged edges In source window and timeline window

PostMon Aug 26, 2019 6:24 am

Marc Wielage wrote:Is it possible some or all of the material is interlaced? This symptom is typically a sign of an interlaced display problem.

That was my first thought, but I don't think there is any such thing as interlaced 4K.

Kenny, can you supply a screen shot of the problem?
Resolve Studio 17.4.6 - Fusion Studio 17.2.2 - Windows 10
Gigabyte GTX1080ti 11GB - AMD 1950X - 64GB 2400
Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7
Intensity Pro 4k
Presonus 192 Audio Interface
Separate M.2 SSDs for OS and Resolve Cache

Return to DaVinci Resolve