Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Exporting Fusion Comps for Colorist

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

node-toad

Exporting Fusion Comps for Colorist

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 1:12 am

Hello,

I am relatively new to Fusion and am in need of help. I have a timeline that is a mix of straight video clips and Fusion Comps. I need to send the entire timeline to a Colorist for finishing. I have used Media Management to export the timeline, but the Fusion Comps don't come with it (a known shortcoming it seems). I have used the Export function in the Fusion page itself, but the media from my project doesn't export with it. To complicate things further, I created my Fusion Comps directly from right clicking a clip in the timeline and no the media pool - so I am unsure how to keep this timeline clip as Media In (with correct timings) when attempted to export.

I would appreciate any help on how I can transfer my project to another person while maintaining the Fusion Comps. Thank you so much.

node-toad

Re: Exporting Fusion Comps for Colorist

PostThu Apr 11, 2024 1:36 pm

I should note I just tried right-clicking my project and selecting "Export Project Archive..."

I think that is getting me closer - however, it still only exports media from the media pool/timeline not from within the fusion comps. I will have to test on another computer if it is at least saving the node tree. If so, the colorist could possibly re-link everything on their end. An arduous but not impossible task.

Any more ideas are more than welcome. I'm curious how Fusion is supposed to work in a production environment like this. Does working with Blackmagic Cloud prevent these media management mishaps?

Sam Steti

Re: Exporting Fusion Comps for Colorist

PostFri Apr 12, 2024 10:52 am

Hey

Right-click any Fusion comp from your TL and choose "Render in Place", choose a non destructive format and then export as you would have done with regular clips...
These rendered clips can be reversed with "Decompose to TL"
*MacMini M1 16 Go - Ext nvme SSDs on TB3 - 14 To HD in 2 x 4 disks USB3 towers
*Legacy MacPro 8core Xeons, 32 Go ram, 2 x gtx 980 ti, 3SSDs including RAID
*Resolve Studio everywhere, Fusion Studio too
*https://www.buymeacoffee.com/videorhin

Return to Fusion