Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

How to get rid of these yellow dashed lines helpers

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

pontmarius

How to get rid of these yellow dashed lines helpers

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 11:04 am

dashed lines.png
dashed lines.png (297.98 KiB) Viewed 360 times

Hi,
I’ve been doing some roto with B-splines for hours now with the new multipoly node without problems.
Suddenly yellow dashed lines appeared on the handles (they seem to indicate how the handle moved from the last keyframe or something like that).

I can’t remove/hide them ! They are an hindrance.
I’ll attach a screenshot so you can know what I’m talking about.

It’s driving me crazy. I’ve looked in many menus. It’s been enabled only on this single node I’m working on, too. I can’t reproduce it on other mask nodes.

Thanks for the help !

Sander de Regt

Re: How to get rid of these yellow dashed lines helpers

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 8:01 am

It looks like you have activated the Double Poly option (by mistake I guess)
This is a mask option used to manually define the fallof/softness of a mask instead of the uniform soft edge. This mode displays the yellow dashed lines to help you keep track of what outer mask point is connected to what inner mask point.

To turn them off you need to turn off Double Poly mode.
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

pontmarius

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 9:29 am

Thank you for your answer !

Double Poly was not activated actually. I've used it on other polys, but not on this one. And the lines are not linking the outer edge in this case, but the same shape as it is on a different frame (probably the last frame where I modified the shape).

However, (I have to verify that further but) it would seem that enabling double poly and then disabling it has removed the lines and solved the problem on one of my polys... although the first time I tried, it only made DVR crash. The problem actually seems to have affected only the polys that are not in double poly, and the enable/disable thing makes it disappear.
After investigating another hour on this problem, I found that it's not even coherent. If I display another frame, then come back, the lines are different.

I'm now inclined to think it's a bug from the version 19 new multipoly node, and not something I did or enabled. It happened randomly, what it's displaying isn't coherent and I can't reproduce the thing.

Thanks again for putting me in the right direction.
Attachments
problem.png
Double poly is disabled. The shape on frame 141 is what the yellow lines on frame 138 hint at. (Like the offset of the shape in between those two frames)
problem.png (639.05 KiB) Viewed 238 times

KrunoSmithy

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Yeah looks like double poly line. useful feature when you want to add softness to just some areas of the mask. the toolbar options allow you to turn it on or off, there is also onion skinning. If you have double poly button on, to switch between normal and double poly lines, use Tab key on your keyboard. That is how probably you turned it on.

sshot-3922.jpg
sshot-3922.jpg (17.64 KiB) Viewed 271 times

Return to Fusion