Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Fusion process running in background after exit (Win10)

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Luke Lapresi

Fusion process running in background after exit (Win10)

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello

Just downloaded Fusion a few days ago and it's been interesting learning node based stuff coming from After Effects. However, I do have one question about Fusion itself.

After exiting the Fusion program itself, a Fusion process keeps running in the background in the Task Manager taking up about 150-300MB of RAM along side 2 other "FusionServer" processes. If I launch it again and exit it again, another Fusion process is added, leaving two Fusion processes running in the background.

Is this the expected behavior or some kind of end user setting? I just don't understand why its leaving these left over processes that need to be ended manually in the Windows Task Manager?

Bryan Ray

Re: Fusion process running in background after exit (Win10)

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 pm

Those processes are supposed to end when you exit Fusion. They do take some time to finish up their business and shut down, though, which takes about 10 seconds on my machine. Also, they sometimes hang around if Fusion crashes instead of shutting down normally.

If the persist more than half a minute or so, I would guess that Fusion isn't closing cleanly for some reason—I get that with 3DS Max sometimes, although usually Windows alerts me that the software didn't exit properly.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Luke Lapresi

Re: Fusion process running in background after exit (Win10)

PostTue Jul 25, 2017 11:58 pm

The processes don't seem to be ending on their own everytime I run Fusion, so at this point I'm going to try and reinstall.

Return to Fusion