Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

FBX Exporter Workflow

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Paul Mumford

FBX Exporter Workflow

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 3:21 pm

I'm really new new to fusion so beginner question!

I've camera tracked a piece of footage successfully and solved the camera -I have a 3d scene setup with a point cloud, camera and a floor plane etc. All looking great.

I need to export the scene (camera + floor plane) as an FBX file for use in a 3D package. What is the workflow for achieving this?

I wired in a FBX exporter node and set the file paths but it does not seem obvious what to do next. No save button, or export menu item or similar to say export this now.

Need a quick pointer please :)

Thank you

Rick van den Berg

Re: FBX Exporter Workflow

PostWed Dec 13, 2017 4:55 pm

use also the saver node and click on the render button. works for me.

Paul Mumford

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 9:34 am

Hi Rick,

Thanks that works. I had expected the FBX saver to work separately from saving image sequences, but working now. Is there a way to save the FBX without writing out all the frames each time as well?

Export FBX to c4d doesn't seem that smooth. For instance the focal length is not coming across correctly - I have to manually re-enter a lot of the camera settings. But it does match up once I've done this. Is this a common issues across software?

I've managed to figure out exporting the point cloud (right clicking + converting to locators), though it's not really that elegant having a scene composition with 1000's of nodes into a big merge. Is there a neater way to set this up? why doesn't the point cloud get exported in the FBX as default?

CptCurk

PostMon Dec 11, 2023 7:15 am

Hello,

for point clouds, you can export separatly in *.ply or *.xyz, using KartaVR script virtual production tool available in Reactor. (check WeSuckLess forum for that).

Some year to late, but like that peoples will know ^^'
Macbook Pro M1 MAX 32CoreGPU and 64Gb of ram.
Davinci 18.1.3

Shooting Fujifilm X-T3 & Blackmagic Video Assist 7" HDR with Miller Tripod.

Return to Fusion