Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Can keyframes in a Fusion clip be 'relative' to the length?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

appaulmac

Can keyframes in a Fusion clip be 'relative' to the length?

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 pm

Ex: I make a Fusion clip with text animation at the start and end (fade in and fade out). When I change the duration of the Fusion clip on the timeline the text animation at the end remains at the frame it was created at.

Is it possible to attach key frames to the relative end of a clip so the duration can be changed (e.g. exporting the clip as a reusable Macro).

Eg: If I create a 100 frame Fusion clip with text fade in (frame 1-25) then fade out (frame 75-100), then I extend the length of the clip on the timeline to 200 frames, I'd want the fade out animation to be at frame 175-200.

xunile

Re: Can keyframes in a Fusion clip be 'relative' to the leng

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm

appaulmac wrote:Ex: I make a Fusion clip with text animation at the start and end (fade in and fade out). When I change the duration of the Fusion clip on the timeline the text animation at the end remains at the frame it was created at.

Is it possible to attach key frames to the relative end of a clip so the duration can be changed (e.g. exporting the clip as a reusable Macro).

Eg: If I create a 100 frame Fusion clip with text fade in (frame 1-25) then fade out (frame 75-100), then I extend the length of the clip on the timeline to 200 frames, I'd want the fade out animation to be at frame 175-200.

You can use the KeyFrame Stretcher node after the node you are animating.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

appaulmac

Re: Can keyframes in a Fusion clip be 'relative' to the leng

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 9:02 pm

Eric, you are correct, KeyFrame Stretcher does just what I want!

It takes a little bit of trial and error (seeing as we're lacking any documentation) but looking at a couple of other forum posts, I was able to fathom the basics.

Thanks for your quick response!

Return to Fusion