Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Render fusion? How?

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

Oxnard

Render fusion? How?

PostSat Dec 21, 2019 6:46 pm

I have a very simple 30 second video clip that I brought into fusion. I added a polygon to outline a section of the video that I'd like to add to my timeline. The polygon joins to a Merge in Fusion, between Mediain1 and MediaOut1. I can see the polygon in view 1, (from Mediain1), Mediaout1 is set to view 2. There is nothing showing on Mediaout2. Do I need to render this? How?

Chris Theofanopoulos

Re: Render fusion? How?

PostThu Dec 26, 2019 8:17 am

Oxnard wrote:I have a very simple 30 second video clip that I brought into fusion. I added a polygon to outline a section of the video that I'd like to add to my timeline. The polygon joins to a Merge in Fusion, between Mediain1 and MediaOut1. I can see the polygon in view 1, (from Mediain1), Mediaout1 is set to view 2. There is nothing showing on Mediaout2. Do I need to render this? How?
Could it be that the polygon in the merge node is the background? If so you won't be able to see it cause it is behind the clip

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Mac Pro 2019
Xeon W 3,5ghz
96Gb ram
Radeon Pro Vega II 32Gb

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019)
intel i9
64 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

Bryan Ray

Re: Render fusion? How?

PostThu Dec 26, 2019 3:05 pm

More likely it's connected to the blue EffectMask, since that's the default input that a mask tool will connect to. Make sure MediaIn1 is connected to the yellow input of the Merge and the Polygon to the green one.
Bryan Ray
http://www.bryanray.name
http://www.sidefx.com

Return to Fusion