Jump to: Board index » General » Fusion

Issue when creating macros using other macros in Resolve 16

Learn about 3D compositing, animation, broadcast design and VFX workflows.
  • Author

theyaoster

Issue when creating macros using other macros in Resolve 16

PostTue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 am

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Davinci Resolve and Fusion, and I've started making macros for convenience. But, I'm running into an issue when creating macros using other macros I've already made. I'll illustrate by example, but in short, when using multiple instances of macros in another macro, some outputs of the "building block" macros are missing in the final macro.

Example:

Say I create a macro "Test1" containing two Rectangles (no connections), and I only take the Effect Mask and Mask of each Rectangle. The result is a macro with two inputs and two outputs, as expected.

Now, I create a macro "Dummy" containing a single default rectangle, only taking the Effect Mask and Mask.

Now, I create a macro "Test2" containing two Dummys (no connections), and I again only take the Effect Mask and Mask of each Dummy. I would expect Test2 to be functionally identical to Test1, but Test2 only has a single output instead of two.

Why is this happening, and how may I fix this? I've included a screenshot of the issue below. I can't upload the .setting files as the forum disallows it apparently.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Saad Shah

Re: Issue when creating macros using other macros in Resolve

PostTue Apr 28, 2020 4:54 pm

You just need to check the output checkbox on each macro when editing a new macro, so the resulting final macro knows how many inputs or outputs it should have.
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

theyaoster

PostTue Apr 28, 2020 5:18 pm

I believe that's precisely what I've done, but to be transparent, here are screenshots of the configurations for the Dummy, Test1, and Test2 Macros (all attributes in collapsed menus are unchecked):

Dummy

Test1

Test2

Saad Shah

PostTue Apr 28, 2020 8:35 pm

thats weird.
works okay at my end.
I did name the inputs and outputs in the third macro though
Attachments
dummy_macro.jpg
dummy_macro.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 908 times
Youtube Channel: Gargoyles At Work

theyaoster

PostTue May 05, 2020 5:24 pm

I tried renaming the outputs but it didn't seem to have an effect, so I don't think this is a namespace conflict kind of problem. What configs did you use for those macros?

I'm on version 16.2.1.017 by the way, I'm not sure if that's a stable release or not.

Return to Fusion